looking for suggestions on a 3d projector for under 2k Looked at BenQ w7000 and Optima HD33 so far - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-15-2013, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Really mostly concerned with 2d picture quality but if I'm going to make the spend figure it is a good idea to get a projector that does 3d also. Will use the 3d probably 1 to 2% of the time because mostly watch TV. Plan on useing this as my primary display device also. After doing research seems lots of people are happy with the Optima HD33 and the BENQ w7000. Looking for recommendations on a good projector for color accuracy and dark blacks. I have some ambient light in the room but gets pretty dark with the blinds shut. The lens shift feature on the BENQ sounds like a big help for setup should this be a big part of my decision. Looking at 110inch or so 16:9 screen (haven't bought that yet either). New to projectors so looking for input. Thanks A ton in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-15-2013, 11:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
You might be able to find a Epson 5010 in that price range.

The w7000 lumens may just be your best bet for your living room situation.

Have fun and keep researching. What type of screen are you going to use? With ambient light you might look into a gray screen of some sort.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-15-2013, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Still looking at screens as well (going for a 65inch mitsu DLP) wish I had the money for the black diamond II with the really thin frame. Looks great but at $2k way out of my price range. Just started looking so have to research screens as well. Think Elite makes some that are pretty affordable. Hearing the screen is as important if not as important as the projector. Will check out the Epson as well thanks for the suggestion. Have a couple of windows in the room with blinds I tend to shut while watching so will get some light during the day. Hopefully with these projectors that will not pose an issue. Heard the screen makes a big difference in how ambient light effects the picture as well.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-15-2013, 02:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Check out the BenQ W1070 thread. I had one for a while and really liked it a whole lot. For $1K, you get a pretty fantastic projector.
Not sure how it compares to W7000 (never had one) and I didn't get a chance to try out the 3D (wish it came with glasses) but the
PQ is pretty top notch, especially when you consider the price. I ended up having minor issues with rainbows (sigh) and liked the
Epson as an alternative, but I'd probably still have that projector otherwise. Anyhow, check out that thread.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-16-2013, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter

Right now leaning towards the optima hd33. Keep reading good things about the color accuracy and the rf 3d glasses. Leaning towards the elite 100inch 16:9 screen. Only concern with the optima is no lens shift. Hoping this combo will work without it....
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page