My Viewsonic Pro8200 seems to project at an upwards angle, Is this normal? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-17-2013, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here's a picture of my setup:

The green lines are supposed to be in parallel with the lens. It really looks like my lens is pointing towards my floor, but the picture is almost on the ceiling. I had to put leverage under the BACK side of the projector to angle it downwards to get it to show on my wall. I find this very surprising, but this is my first projector, so this might be normal.. Just doesn't look logical to me!

Thanks and sorry for the silly question smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-17-2013, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Not to be rude but I am going to guess if you took a few minutes to read the install section of the owners manual your questions would be answered.
Most <$3000 DLP projectors do not have lens shift, so they are set up with a fixed offset. This is the amount of space between the bottom of the image the the projector lens (as set on a table. The install/mounting portion of the users guide normally will give a a chart to tell you approximate how much the offset is.
bjarnia likes this.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-17-2013, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Unfortunately I did not see anything in the manual in regards to this specifically (it just mentions keystone correction), or at least I didn't know how to identify it. I figured it might be something like what you just described, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-18-2013, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Check in the back of the manual, were any "diagrams" or layouts of the projector can be found, there should be something indicating the OFFSET of the lens in degrees.

You take the offset and can use that to determine how high up the image will project from the center-line of the lens.

I just posted in another thread on this very topic.

Xbox Live / PS3 / Steam: HeadRusch1
Keeping the world safe from the evil antics of Bernie Tanaka and Mel Fujitsu since 1986

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Viewsonic Pro8200 Dlp Projector
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page