Focus Problem with Panasonic AE700U---Help! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-18-2013, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all,

I have a Panny ae700u that has been fine since i bought it 7 years ago, but recently I cannot get the dang thing focus. It's manual and when I attempt to really lock it in, the focus ring doesnt let me. It's just a little bit off--when watching sports the lettering is a little off focus all the time.

Ive cleaned the lens, the filter, and am now wondering if I should tackle opening up the box and doing...something.

The bulb has about 1000 hours on it, had a spare with about the same amount that I swapped in and still no difference.

Thoughts?

(If I have to buy a new projector and get the AR100U will I see a big difference between these machines?)

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-18-2013, 10:29 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Yes you will see a huge difference.

I went from a PTAE900u to a epson 6100 and the gains were huge, better colors (my 900u did have over 6000 hours on it at the time), better blacks, better lumens, better resolution. Things have come a long ways.

It could be something other than the lens. It could be something like chromatic aberration.

Have Fun!
post #3 of 3 Old 01-18-2013, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 112
has anyone played with the settings? The sharpness setting of a display is a throw back from days gone by and should not even be on today's digital displays. There is one correct setting, that is one click below any visible edge enhancement. However some manufactures allow you to go the opposite way and actually soften the image quite a bit. Use a sharpness pattern on a calibration disk to properly set sharpness.
Just something to check out before you give up.

Doug

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Panasonic Et Lae700 Replacement Lamp For Pt Ae700u
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page