PT-AX100E - loose parts (gears of some sort of motorized filter?) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-19-2013, 05:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After over 5 years, I finally replaced the lamp of our Panasonic PT-AX100E (after 2200 hours). However, when I handled the projector down from its ceiling mount, I heard loose parts flying around inside it. I immediately thought "uh oh, well that's not good" wink.gif. I opened up the projector completely, in order to extract all loose parts. These were the parts:

Upon further inspection I am thinking now that these parts came from here (I tried to put the gear back in there, but without disassembling everything else, it was too hard):

I am assuming the gear fits onto the base of that axle, while the spring holds it in place and the white plastic hat goes on top of that axle (it would fit there) in order to hold the spring in place. If you zoom into the picture, you can see the teeth of the metal part (the one with the reflective surface) into which the gears would sink. I have marked the relative position of this axle in this schematic of the PT-AX100E service manual (red arrow):

I have no idea what this part is for (the one with the reflective surface, that is supposedly moved by that gear). May be it belongs to the PBS array? But what does it do? The projector seems to function normally, even with this fault. I do not notice any major issues, except that some LCD pixels do not seem to match up, but I can't imagine that this part has any influence on that.

So does anyone know what this could be for? And if so, is it worth going through all the hassle of disassembling the projector and trying to fix the gear back into its original position?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-19-2013, 06:06 AM - Thread Starter

Forgot to look into the exploded views addendum of the service manual. There I noticed, that the part which is moved by the gear is #64, which according to the successive part list is 64 - TXZEC03VKD3 - CINEMA FILTER ASSY (a part of the whole "Analysis Block", 63).

I don't know what the Cinema Filter usually does and why it needs to be motorized... and what possible shortcomings there are, if the gear to move it is missing.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-19-2013, 06:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 69
2200 hours in 5 years? You need to watch more Television. We're on bulb #3 w/ 4000+ hours on each. The projector is coming down shortly for a thorough vacuum. I'll listen for those loose parts you mentioned.

HT: Onkyo TX-SR702,Infinity IL60s/IL36c,DefTech PF1500sub,PanasonicPT-AX100,Draper92"screen,SonyBDP-S570,Dish622
Stereo1 Denon PMA-630 amp,TechnicsPL-1300TT,ToshibaSD-4960 uni-player,Infinity Overture 3s
Stereo 2 OnkyoTX-8222 HitachiHT-61S TT,YamahaDV-S586 uni-player,Large Advents (1972)
post #4 of 5 Old 01-19-2013, 07:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLBright View Post

2200 hours in 5 years? You need to watch more Television. We're on bulb #3 w/ 4000+ hours on each.
Hehe, yeah I know. It's not used that frequently in our home smile.gif. It's for special movie nights and console gaming. But when I researched how old our projector is already, I too was like "wow... 5 years already? And only 2200 hours?".
post #5 of 5 Old 05-11-2014, 01:40 AM

Hi spikx,

Did you find any solution for your problem?

I have identically same problem with my Panasonic :-).

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page