Best screen for 3D? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-21-2013, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

New to posting but have read up on the forums for awhile. I'm in the process of finhising my basement and of course had to make a media room. Only 3 sides will be closed in but I think I can make this work out pretty well with a low budget.

Currently looking at the Epson 3020, price point is right, reviews good and yes I do want 3D. With that being said what afforadable screen to do suggest for this projector and to have 3D. Currently I'm looking at Elite's airbright 2d-3d http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Screens-ER100DH2-Projection-Screen/dp/B00934CP2K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358735116&sr=8-1&keywords=3d+projector+screen I like the visual apex packages but it seems like the only use VaPex cinema white screens.

Would love any feedback on either the projector or screen. I'm trying to keep everything under $2000.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-22-2013, 12:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I believe this is the wrong forum. There's a branch dedicated to screens. But, oh well.

First, there's passive 3D and active 3D. Passive 3D requires screen that preserves polarization. But I believe you have active 3D in mind (using shutter glasses).
Shutter glasses reduces light output approximately by 5, leaving only 20% of initial light output. So I would recommend a screen which compensates for that. There are Mocom screens with 18/23 gain but they have strict placement requirements. There are also various 3-9 gain screen, you should be able to find them in Screens forum branch.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page