Epson c2fine lcd panels life - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-21-2013, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
It seems LCD PJs suffer from polarizer burns (esp blue) beyond 2000hrs of usage. I currently have this problem on my 5yr old PJ. I think epson switched to inorganic panels starting at 8100 (?). Does anyone know of any stress tests (like keeping it on 24x7) and see how long these panels last ? I know I know, keeping it on 24x7 is not same as using it 3-4 hrs a day, but that'll atleast give an indication of lifetime. I am particularly looking for any such results on 8350, 3010, 5010, 3020, 5020 models.

I don't know if polarizers are also inorganic in those models or just the LCD panels only. Could anyone who has more knowledge of these please shed some light ? To no avail, I've been scouring the web for an answer to this question for the last week or so.

What is the longest known usage on 8350 so far ? It's been there about 2 yrs so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-22-2013, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirip View Post

It seems LCD PJs suffer from polarizer burns (esp blue) beyond 2000hrs of usage. I currently have this problem on my 5yr old PJ. I think epson switched to inorganic panels starting at 8100 (?). Does anyone know of any stress tests (like keeping it on 24x7) and see how long these panels last ? I know I know, keeping it on 24x7 is not same as using it 3-4 hrs a day, but that'll atleast give an indication of lifetime. I am particularly looking for any such results on 8350, 3010, 5010, 3020, 5020 models.

I don't know if polarizers are also inorganic in those models or just the LCD panels only. Could anyone who has more knowledge of these please shed some light ? To no avail, I've been scouring the web for an answer to this question for the last week or so.

What is the longest known usage on 8350 so far ? It's been there about 2 yrs so far.

You've been scouring the internet looking for duration tests of LCD panels and not finding any because there are none to find.

All late model LCD projectors have inorganic panels.

You should post your question on the Epson 8350 usage in the respective thread.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

post #3 of 5 Old 01-22-2013, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, gleaning 8350 owners thread gave me some numbers : max I saw was 5000hrs, some between 2000-3000hrs and many under 1000.

Does the inorganic panel mean, polarizer is also inorganic layer or just the LCD panel only ? If polarizer is still organic, then it'll suffer premature burn as usual. That is my concern.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-23-2013, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirip View Post

Yeah, gleaning 8350 owners thread gave me some numbers : max I saw was 5000hrs, some between 2000-3000hrs and many under 1000.

Does the inorganic panel mean, polarizer is also inorganic layer or just the LCD panel only ? If polarizer is still organic, then it'll suffer premature burn as usual. That is my concern.

I seriously doubt that Epson would switch to an inorganic LCD panel and leave the polarizer organic.

Best way to find out for sure is to contact Epson support.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

post #5 of 5 Old 01-27-2013, 06:00 AM - Thread Starter

Epson support doesn't want to answer it. Here is the reply I got from them

"Thank you for contacting Epson.

The information you are requesting is proprietary and not available for release. "

I don't know what is proprietary in this. Everyone knows they are inorganic panels.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP