Optoma gametime 750 will not stay OFF - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-26-2013, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Interesting problem over here. Has anyone experienced this projector continuing to turn itself on after it is turned off? This just recently started after 1 year of use. I called support and they said it sounded like a firmware issue (I think they say that regarding every issue), but I am out of warranty. Has anyone heard of this issue? Also, is there a way to update the firmware myself? Thanks in advance for any input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-28-2013, 02:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i had a similar issue with my optoma hd20. i would turn it off and the light would be lit up orange (in standby mode) and through the night it would come on randomly. some nights it wouldn't, most nights it would. i'm pretty certain that it was because i had it plugged into a cheap POS philips HDMI switch and for some reason it caused it to come on. my other hd20 never did om on from standby on its own and it wasn't plugged into an hdmi switch.

my remedy to this issue. i plugged the projector into its own powerstrip and when i was done using it. i flipped the powerstrip switch.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page