Should I get the LG PB61U for $399? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-26-2013, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I searched the site and did not see a dedicated thread.

I currently have a Mitsubishi hc1500 that I love. I sold my house and will be taking it with me. I am moving into a rental out of state so I can't modify the room too much. I don't know how large the room is in the new house (havent seen it yest), but I should have at least a 10ft throw. Should I get this projector from fry's since it's on sale for $399? My Mitsu still works great, but it will need a new bulb in the near future. I figured I can sell my mitsu for $200-$300 if I don't need it anymore.

I want
720p minimum.
90-120" screen
Compatible with a ps3.
Depending on the room I will either use a headset, or surround sound via a sony receiver.

Will this fit the bill? I am partial to led because it should boot faster, and it can be turned on an off when needed. I do not have a frys near me so I can't see it in person. Please respond asap because I don't want to miss the sale price.

Link here http://www.frys.com/product/7509106
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-26-2013, 12:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
We were discussing this in the pa70g thread.

Hard to tell if this would work for you. Maybe check the differences between pa70g and the 61 and the 60 model. Fry's has the 61 at 399 (has built in tv tuner), 60 for 349 (without tv tuner).

the 60,61 is 500 lumens, it's smaller than the Lg70g.
The LG PA70g is 700 lumens, and bigger, and seems not to get hot when using it. Most of us went for the 70g, but fry's just started selling the 60,61, so who knows.
The pa70g goes on sale on fry's for 399 , every couple of weeks.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-26-2013, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I should be able to control the light in the room so lumens arent a huge deal to me.

I just want to confirm I wont have a problem using this for video only, and putting audio through a headset or surround sound? It looks like it has internal speakers, but that might only get used for regular tv or something.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-27-2013, 06:55 PM

I own the PA70g that i got from Fry's for $450 in the summer when they were having the fire sale..

I very much like the projector, but i noticed that i always run it at 500 lumens and i wished it was physically a little bit smaller so i can take it around.

That is why i ordered the PB61U and the PB60G (hoping the TV tuner version will be back in stock...
But still for the price its hard to beat... i can run the PA70g 24/7 without turning it off without worrying about lifespan... got to love LED ^_^

But ya i would not recommend using headphones (cause u can hear some minor noise in the line... but if u hoop up PC speakers or hook it up to a receiver.. it works like a charm...
I just use a pair of Gigaworks T20 .. fills up my 250sq/ft office very nicely ^_^
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Lg Electronics Pa70g Micro Portable Led Projector , Lg Electronics Pb60g Micro Portable Led Projector