Newbie here. I'm moving into a new place in the coming month and have an opportunity to have a pretty big screen on my wall 90"+ to as much as maybe 120" (haven't had a chance to properly measure yet since I haven't moved in yet).
Of course there's two sales going on for Optoma PJsj this week: Costco.ca has the HD33 for C$1270 (incl a pair of 3d glasses) and amazon.ca has the HD20 for C$699, which seems to be a really good price. I was looking at the hd33 given all the great reviews but he value of the hd20 maybe too hard to pass up.
Here's a few of the potential issues for me given all the research I've done:
- the PJ will go in my living room (14'x20', I can put it back close to 20' from where the screen will be)
- I've got an open concept condo where the living room, kitchen, dining room and solarium is all open concept (living room is flanked with solarium on one side and kitchen, dining room on other (so, that'll impact sound but not much I can do about that).
- there will be decent amount of ambient light as there's probably about 13'+ of windows by the solarium (thou, I will attempt to cover with darker shades).
- b/c of my condo setup, I will be watching regular TV and movies on the PJ as I won't have a man cave/bat cave (aside: don't you go batty, pardon the pun, by being in the dark a lot watching TV and movies? I will probably want some ambient lighting when watching TV, I think.)
- 3d is nice to have but not necessary esp. If the rumours are true that you can convert the hd20 to 3d and ho cheap it could be to add on (thou, I'm curious as to the quality given my room specs, ambient lighting, throw distance etc.)
Anyway, I know this is a long message from a potential home theatre projector newbie but I want to make sure I get it right the first time (or reasonable close) to Max out the experience!
Thanks for any feedback anyone cares to share!