Random convergence issue with LED projector - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-28-2013, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've just installed an LG PA70G. Nice projector, but occasionally I have a green shadow or edge to the left of some image components. It doesn't happen consistently. Sometimes seems more prevalent on graphic images such as overlays, but also occurs at other times. For example an awards TV show was on last eve, and particularly the left edge of a blond's hair showed a green tint. Looks like a convergence problem. Most of the time, picture looks great. I'm feeding the video signal just like I did with my CRT projector, coaxial cable from the video output of a VCR to the A/V adapter that came with the projector. Anyone have any experience with this or suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 30
No convergence on a single chip dlp.

Is your video chan proper?
Old 01-28-2013, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Not sure I understand the question. Are you asking about the channel or the chain of connections running to the projector? Sry, new on this forum and not sure of the accepted abbreviations. smile.gif Thanks for responding.

I realize there is no convergence as CRT's have. Was just trying to describe the issue. Pic was worth 1,000 words though.

Had a ground loop problem with the CRT I was using before. Took the cheap, easy, messy way out and used two impedance matching transformers head to head to get rid of that. It may be the culprit. I'll get them out of the video feed and see if problem persists or if ground loop interference returns. LG says try other inputs to narrow it down to the projector or the feed to video input on the projector. I'll be trying that too; but intermittent problems make it hard to be sure when diagnosing.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:16 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
He is asking what sort of video signal you are sending your projector, your video chain.

The image looks a bit low-def. If you are sending a low-def signal to your pj, you could just be seeing poor video. Just outright to me it looks like low bandwidth network streaming. You watch much youtube on your PJ?

Do you see this sort if issues with Blu-ray or DVD?
Old 01-28-2013, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Yea there is lines in the video as well.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

smile.gif Yep, video is LOW def. I'm feeding basic cable (still digital) through cable co's converter box to a VCR to convert the signal to a/v composite.

I don't remember seeing this occur when watching a DVD, which is also fed through the same VCR, but maybe it will. Most of the time the picture is great no matter what source. If the transformers are the problem, it wouldn't happen when viewing a DVD; so I'll see if the problem persists when I try to eliminate those.

I haven't watched any youtube on it yet. When/if I do, I'll be feeding it with a computer into the VGA input. Just need to buy and run a VGA cable through the walls.

I don't have a Blu-ray player yet either. 30 foot HDMI cable doesn't look cheap to me. Trying my best to stay on a tight budget here, so no high def cable TV. If I change the plan I'm on, they want $10 per TV (5 TV's) per month insisting that I have to change all converter boxes and pay for each one. May check to see if U-verse would be better as I just had internet installed.

Really appreciate the help everyone.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

"Yea there is lines in the video as well."
Funny, never noticed the lines while viewing.....lol. Maybe partially due to taking a picture of it.
I'm reasonably happy with the image as it's sharper than my eyesight. wink.gif