Mits HC4000 or step up to Panny AE8000 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-29-2013, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is going to be my first PJ, and I am not 100% sure which one to get. I am hearing pretty good things about the Mitsubishi HC4000, and good things about the Panasonic AE8000. I have read the owner's forums on them both, but wanted some input on the 2. Is it worth the step up in price to go with the Panasonic? Or for a beginner would it be best to start with the Mitsubishi?
The room it will be going in will be a dedicated HT, with one window that has blinds, and blackout curtains. The ceiling and all walls are painted dark.
Thanks for the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-29-2013, 08:14 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 34
I would go with the 8000,because u have a dedicated HT room.its more money but you will appreciate the better blacks
post #3 of 5 Old 01-29-2013, 04:32 PM

I have not seen the Panny but have spent time with the HC4000. Out of the numerous projectors I experienced in my room over the past year the HC4000 was one of my favorites regardless of cost. The DC3 gives it good black levels, and you have the clarity and pop of the DLP picture. As long as you can live with the limited placment options and without 3D, I don't know how you could go wrong at this price. Benq 1070 seems a good choice at this price also.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-29-2013, 06:18 PM

I own the Mits HC3800 and I still absolutely love it. I know the HC4000 is even better. And I'm sure the Panny is outstanding as well. I will say I'd recommend doing research on some of the differences between DLP and LCD. I've always been an LCD guy (3 previous LCD projectors before Mits) but when I switched to DLP I now prefer the pop that comes from the ANSI contrast that DLP does so well.

Thanks!
Cory
post #5 of 5 Old 01-29-2013, 07:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 140
I would look at the Benq w1070 as well, better 3D than the Panny, sharper, but worse blacks. You'll save a ton of money though and get a better pixel fill with the DLP as well.
For a first projector. the Benq is a better deal, if you want a more expensive PJ later, look at a JVC or Sony.

Quick and Easy Shelf Mount Method for both one projector or dual stacks

Web Calculator v023 & v025
- Quick Peak at the new upcoming calculator
**Current Projector Calculator** -- http://www.eliteprojectorcalculator.com

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page