HDMI equipment connection to Sharp XV-Z2000 projector with DVI-I input - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 01-29-2013, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone!
I have a problem with getting both HD sound and picture (720p) in my HT, based on Sharp XV-Z2000 projector.

The following components are employed:
1) Sharp XV-Z2000 DLP projector, DVI-I input, HDCP compliant, 720p max. resolution, component video input;
2) NAD T748 receiver with HDMI ports (v.1.4a), HDCP and ARC compliant;
3) NAD T567 BD player witn HDMI (v.1.4a) and component outputs, HDCP and ARC compliant;
4) High quality HDMI splitter 1x2 (v.1.4a), HDCP and ARC compliant;
5) High speed HDMI cables (v.1.4a), ARC compliant; proper HDMI-DVI adapter.
All the components were tested with Full HD plasma TV and proved to be fine, delivering HD sound and picture (1080p).

I have tested the following connection patterns:
1) BD player - Receiver - Splitter - Projector & TV
Result: HD sound, no picture; TV disconnection did not help, the projector says No signal;
2) BD player - Splitter - Receiver & Projector
Result: HD sound, no picture; the projector says No signal;
3) BD player - Receiver - Projector
Result: HD sound, unstable 720p picture: 2-3 min then black screen for 10-15 seconds and over again;
4) BD player - Projector directly through HDMI, BD player - Receiver directly through coaxial ports
Result: stable 720p picture, regular DD/DTS sound (not HD as expected, HD sound channelled through HDMI only).

Conclusion: the projector cannot stand any additional component in the signal chain.

Have anybody faced the same problem connecting an old projector to HDMI equipment? Probably, some tricks might help. For instance, my projector wants to be turned on first, otherwise it does not see the BD player.

I have also tried video component line from the player to projector, but the resolution fell to 540i on BDs, however, showing 540p on DVDs. I believe it is HDCP issue, as BD player set-up promises to deliver 720p through video component output. Thus, this option does not help.

Sorry for the long story and thank you for reading. I just want to exclude obvious follow-up questions and save your time.

I would very much appreciate your ideas on how to fix it, if at all possible. Though one way I already know - projector replacement.

Regards,

Evgeny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-29-2013, 10:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 39
Is the splitter powered? Is there a "passthrough" option on the receiver that you can try?
post #3 of 9 Old 01-29-2013, 10:28 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the tip.
The splitter is powered and works fine splitting signal for two HDMI TV inputs or TV and receiver HDMI inputs. Cables are short so it is not an issue.
All the inputted sources are set up in DIRECT Mode in the receiver, meaning that no DSP is involved. Otherwise, there is any other option for passing straight-through signal in the video chain, in particular.
post #4 of 9 Old 01-30-2013, 01:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 39
Actually "short" cables can be an issue. HDMI cables are calibrated at 6', and shorter ones than that, can be affected by feedback. Worth a look if their shorter than 6'.
post #5 of 9 Old 01-30-2013, 02:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Try...

BD player -> AVR -> Projector (after turning off Deep Color on your BD player)

Jason
post #6 of 9 Old 01-30-2013, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

I use 5ft cable fo BDP-Receiver connection and 15ft cable linked to the projector. So, the cables neither too long nor too short.
post #7 of 9 Old 01-30-2013, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Regretfully, I cannot do this as Deep Colour function is permanent. At least, set-up options do not contain relevant switch.
However, I appreciate your advice as it made me try to set up once again. I turned all options to default, then set up 720p native projector resolution, checked other options which could in any manner relate to video signal. For instance, I set up 50Hz frequency for 1080p as I might have used 24Hz while testing the TV set. Frankly, I do not know what else could be done as the list of tunings is too short. Thereafter, I enjoyed app.15 minutes of fine picture and sound. I was a bit excited starting to think that right medicine was found when the screen turned black again. Same thing...
post #8 of 9 Old 01-20-2014, 03:15 PM

I'm having the same problem. In fact, it is one reason I am looking to upgrade my projector.

but...I have found that unplugging the projector, and unplugging the hdmi, and even the hdmi booster I have then let it sit. Most of the time it works. I found the best is to unplug the above, then turn on the receiver or directv or whatever, then start the projector after freshly plugging in only the power. Once it lights up I then and only then plug in the hdmi and the booster.
post #9 of 9 Old 02-01-2014, 09:15 PM

Evgeny did you ever solve your problem?

i have the sharp xvz2000 and bought a roku3.
Trying to connect via a Yamaha xv-1600 with hdmi in, but its not working.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP