OPTOMA HD25 HD25LV new budget 2D 3D DLP FULL projector - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #271 of 596 Old 07-20-2013, 12:30 PM
Senior Member
 
colofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: loveland,co
Posts: 338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any reviews or feedback on the HD25e? Seems it just came up on Amazon and 800 more lumens for about $5 more.
colofan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #272 of 596 Old 07-25-2013, 02:48 PM
Member
 
PJC Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 20
hungary: I'm not a huge fan of Dynamic Black. I talk about it a little bit in our HD25 review, but since nothing about it changed on the HD25 I did not discuss it again. If you like it, by all means use it, though. The trade-off between better black levels and higher/more variable fan noise is subjective, and just because I don't like it doesn't mean that no one else will. I can only report what I see (and, in this case, hear).

urbeenjammin: I have not; our Epson 5020UB went home a few months ago. Sorry to disappoint.
PJC Bill is offline  
post #273 of 596 Old 07-26-2013, 01:16 PM
Senior Member
 
terry2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Georgia
Posts: 340
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by colofan View Post

Any reviews or feedback on the HD25e? Seems it just came up on Amazon and 800 more lumens for about $5 more.
Just ordered one from Amazon to be delivered Tues. Let you know how it works out. Will be replacing the Benq W1070 I sent back.
terry2 is offline  
post #274 of 596 Old 07-26-2013, 06:43 PM
Advanced Member
 
nickoakdl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 943
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry2 View Post

Just ordered one from Amazon to be delivered Tues. Let you know how it works out. Will be replacing the Benq W1070 I sent back.

Please post a review, I haven't been able to find much on these sets. Why did you return the w1070?
nickoakdl is offline  
post #275 of 596 Old 07-27-2013, 05:15 AM
Senior Member
 
terry2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Georgia
Posts: 340
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoakdl View Post

Please post a review, I haven't been able to find much on these sets. Why did you return the w1070?
The W1070 had a really good picture in 2D and 3D but it also had a fan rattle after about 150 hours of use. Didn't want another one and maybe have the same problem as it seems common on that projector. Don't know if this Optoma will be any better but thought I'd give it a try.
terry2 is offline  
post #276 of 596 Old 07-27-2013, 11:18 PM
Member
 
hungary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Don't know if this Optoma will be any better but thought I'd give it a try

Yes, terry2.
Have been noticing HD25 is relatively lesser reviews / avs forum posts by users (10 pages), probably less owners too compared to W1070's almost 200 pages here, thus it has got no known issue reported yet with this HD25

Please do keep us updated if there's any (perhaps) on your new HD25 soon on how tough it is..
hungary is offline  
post #277 of 596 Old 07-31-2013, 01:13 AM
Member
 
eozen81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Waiting for your first impressions and review after some usage please for HD25e cool.gif

AVR: Onkyo TX-SR 707

Speaker: Pure Acoustics SlimDream

NMT: Popcorn Hour C-200

eozen81 is offline  
post #278 of 596 Old 07-31-2013, 05:32 AM
Senior Member
 
terry2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Georgia
Posts: 340
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by eozen81 View Post

Waiting for your first impressions and review after some usage please for HD25e cool.gif
Just got the HD25e. Ordered from Amazon but noticed it was shipped directly from Optoma. Got it ceiling mounted last night. Took longer because I had the mount positioned so the projector would be 9" above the screen as per the Optoma calculator. Turns out to line up with my 120" screen it needs to only be 6" above the screen. Also I mounted it 13'6" back which was close to the min. distance but looks like it can go about a foot closer to the screen (wrong - my mistake -it's about as close as can be mounted). Only had it on for a couple of hours last night but here's my first thoughts. Out of the box I flipped the image for ceiling mount and only made 2 other changes after powering on. Put the lamp in ECO and adjusted the tint control as it was pushing red (color and tint are both active on this unit using HDMI). That's it. The color on this unit is fantastic. It has a rich, deep look to it (which the Benq W1070 I returned did not have). The brightness and focus are uniform across the entire screen. Don't see any geometry issues with the test grid. I did put in a 3D blu-ray for a couple of minutes to make sure it works. I only have dlp-link glasses right now but they seemed to work ok. There was no red tint on the screen in 3D mode like the Benq. Using white flash I guess. Didn't notice the fan running so appears to be pretty quiet. My walls and ceiling are a dark brown with medium brown carpet and this projector is plenty bright in ECO mode. One thing that really stood out to me was the clarity of the image. The Benq and even the Mits projectors I had always seemed to have a haze on the picture. This one does not. It is crystal clear. Plan on getting more familiar with it over the next few days so will post any problems if they occur. So far it's looking good.

BTW - I'm running the HDMI thru an Onkyo TX-NR717 receiver. On my previous Mits HD1000 projector the color control was active but not tint. On the Benq both color and tint were greyed out. They are both active on this one for whatever reason (the manual says they shouldn't be using HDMI).
Miwo likes this.
terry2 is offline  
post #279 of 596 Old 07-31-2013, 08:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Projectorguy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Huntsville, Alabama - The Rocket City
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just recieved the HD25e as well. Does anyone know if these 3DTV glasses work with these units? According to the website, it appears so. Any reviews, compared to other RF glasses?

http://www.amazon.com/Glasses-KIT-Ready-projectors--6-Emitter/dp/B00AA5O15U/ref=sr_1_14?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1375275812&sr=1-14#productDetails

It says it works with the Optoma VESA port, but I haven't noticed anyone trying 3DTV RF glasses yet; just IR.

Sorry to butt in, but I am anxious to get some 3d glasses ordered :-)

WWJD
Projectorguy1 is offline  
post #280 of 596 Old 07-31-2013, 09:40 AM
Member
 
goose4540's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry2 View Post

Just got the HD25e. Ordered from Amazon but noticed it was shipped directly from Optoma. Got it ceiling mounted last night. Took longer because I had the mount positioned so the projector would be 9" above the screen as per the Optoma calculator. Turns out to line up with my 120" screen it needs to only be 6" above the screen. Also I mounted it 13'6" back which was close to the min. distance but looks like it can go about a foot closer to the screen.

Has anyone else experienced this with their HD25 or LV? the difference isnt a huge deal, but the projector calculator for the 25, LV and 25e for a 120in screen all say a 9inch offset, I thought that these were pretty fixed so its surprising to see that the offset is wrong apparently...or am I missing something here?
goose4540 is offline  
post #281 of 596 Old 07-31-2013, 10:02 AM
Member
 
Miwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hopatcong, NJ
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry2 View Post

Just got the HD25e. Ordered from Amazon but noticed it was shipped directly from Optoma. Got it ceiling mounted last night. Took longer because I had the mount positioned so the projector would be 9" above the screen as per the Optoma calculator. Turns out to line up with my 120" screen it needs to only be 6" above the screen. Also I mounted it 13'6" back which was close to the min. distance but looks like it can go about a foot closer to the screen.

According to http://www.projectorcentral.com/Optoma-HD25e-projection-calculator-pro.htm , the minimum distance for a 120" screen is 13' 2".
Just curious, but what mount are you using for the HD25e? I am on the verge of buying from bandhphoto, they just got it in stock. I dont have to pay taxes from there
Miwo is offline  
post #282 of 596 Old 07-31-2013, 11:04 AM
Senior Member
 
terry2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Georgia
Posts: 340
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miwo View Post



According to http://www.projectorcentral.com/Optoma-HD25e-projection-calculator-pro.htm , the minimum distance for a 120" screen is 13' 2".
Just curious, but what mount are you using for the HD25e? I am on the verge of buying from bandhphoto, they just got it in stock. I dont have to pay taxes from there
I'm using this one... http://www.amazon.com/Mustang-Profile-Projector-Mount-MV-PROJSP-FLAT-B/dp/B000F5NFTS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375293732&sr=8-1&keywords=mustang+mount
terry2 is offline  
post #283 of 596 Old 07-31-2013, 11:19 AM
Senior Member
 
terry2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Georgia
Posts: 340
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by goose4540 View Post

Has anyone else experienced this with their HD25 or LV? the difference isnt a huge deal, but the projector calculator for the 25, LV and 25e for a 120in screen all say a 9inch offset, I thought that these were pretty fixed so its surprising to see that the offset is wrong apparently...or am I missing something here?
I was surprised too at the difference as I had already put up a mount that would have given me the 9" the calculator said I needed. As it worked out my Mustang mount was the perfect drop so I didn't have to move my screen. This anomaly may just be my particular unit so I would go by what the calculator says if planning on buying this model although I'd bet there are variations in all of them plus since the zoom on the lens will move the whole image up or down in addition to making it smaller or larger has to have an impact on the measurements.
terry2 is offline  
post #284 of 596 Old 07-31-2013, 06:49 PM
Member
 
rougebear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 185
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by colofan View Post

Any reviews or feedback on the HD25e? Seems it just came up on Amazon and 800 more lumens for about $5 more.




I think those are BS numbers... The HD25e uses a 190w lamp that is half the price ($179) when comparing the 240W lamp that cost $361 in the HD25. http://www.audiogeneral.com/Optoma/accessories.php
What I think really happen is the HD25 could not compete at the orginal price (saw them asking $1100 on amazon when first released) against the Benq W1070 at $999. Amazon dropped the price selling the HD25 for $950 range to compete against the Benq W1070. Now all of a sudden the HD25 is not available on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Optoma-HD25-3D-Home-Theater-Projector/dp/B00CHHHK5W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375321489&sr=8-1&keywords=HD25
and they say a newer model is avaiable..the HD25e. Only changes seem to be a 190w cheaper lamp and Optoma telling us it does 800 more lumens...rolleyes.gif Now with a $150 dollar cheaper lamp Optoma can compete price wise against the W1070.
rougebear is offline  
post #285 of 596 Old 08-01-2013, 05:11 AM
Senior Member
 
Projectorguy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Huntsville, Alabama - The Rocket City
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rougebear View Post

I think those are BS numbers... The HD25e uses a 190w lamp that is half the price ($179) when comparing the 240W lamp that cost $361 in the HD25. http://www.audiogeneral.com/Optoma/accessories.php
What I think really happen is the HD25 could not compete at the orginal price (saw them asking $1100 on amazon when first released) against the Benq W1070 at $999. Amazon dropped the price selling the HD25 for $950 range to compete against the Benq W1070. Now all of a sudden the HD25 is not available on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Optoma-HD25-3D-Home-Theater-Projector/dp/B00CHHHK5W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375321489&sr=8-1&keywords=HD25
and they say a newer model is avaiable..the HD25e. Only changes seem to be a 190w cheaper lamp and Optoma telling us it does 800 more lumens...rolleyes.gif Now with a $150 dollar cheaper lamp Optoma can compete price wise against the W1070.

I really don't think they would release a projector with inferior specs (HD25e) to a very recent model (HD25)...too easy to be found out. Don't you think almost EVERYONE reviewing these things will compare the three models of HD25 against each other?

Personally, I don't care how they get the lumens.....unless it ruins color fidelity. Cheaper lamp is better in my book.

WWJD
Projectorguy1 is offline  
post #286 of 596 Old 08-01-2013, 05:12 AM
Senior Member
 
Projectorguy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Huntsville, Alabama - The Rocket City
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectorguy1 View Post

I just recieved the HD25e as well. Does anyone know if these 3DTV glasses work with these units? According to the website, it appears so. Any reviews, compared to other RF glasses?

http://www.amazon.com/Glasses-KIT-Ready-projectors--6-Emitter/dp/B00AA5O15U/ref=sr_1_14?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1375275812&sr=1-14#productDetails

It says it works with the Optoma VESA port, but I haven't noticed anyone trying 3DTV RF glasses yet; just IR.

Sorry to butt in, but I am anxious to get some 3d glasses ordered :-)

Nobody using any RF glasses other than the Optoma ones???

anyone??

Bueller??

:-)

WWJD
Projectorguy1 is offline  
post #287 of 596 Old 08-01-2013, 08:15 AM
Member
 
Miwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hopatcong, NJ
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rougebear View Post

I think those are BS numbers... The HD25e uses a 190w lamp that is half the price ($179) when comparing the 240W lamp that cost $361 in the HD25. http://www.audiogeneral.com/Optoma/accessories.php
What I think really happen is the HD25 could not compete at the orginal price (saw them asking $1100 on amazon when first released) against the Benq W1070 at $999. Amazon dropped the price selling the HD25 for $950 range to compete against the Benq W1070. Now all of a sudden the HD25 is not available on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Optoma-HD25-3D-Home-Theater-Projector/dp/B00CHHHK5W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375321489&sr=8-1&keywords=HD25
and they say a newer model is avaiable..the HD25e. Only changes seem to be a 190w cheaper lamp and Optoma telling us it does 800 more lumens...rolleyes.gif Now with a $150 dollar cheaper lamp Optoma can compete price wise against the W1070.

Good catch. I was about to impulse buy the HD25e, but will wait for a professional review on it first. Brighter projector, with less power consumption at the same price does indeed seem fishy.... unless they are giving up a lot of contrast ratio. The specs say its the same 20000 contrast as the HD25. I think reviewers already pointed out that the black levels on the HD25-LV were not as good as the HD25...... wondering how the HD25e will compare in a real measure
Miwo is offline  
post #288 of 596 Old 08-01-2013, 08:20 AM
Member
 
ebrackin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The Colony, TX
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I just wanted to let everyone here know that Xpand 105 RF glasses do not work on the Optoma HD25. We tried for 2 hours unsuccessfully to get them to pair to the emitter and its a no go. We have a 3D monitor for work and it took 10 sec for them to pair to it so I am sure it is the Optoma not able to get it done. It really is a shame because they are good glasses and everything I read made it appear they would work with any RF/Bluetooth emitter. Oh well.

I say just pay the extra 20 bucks and get the Optoma glasses. Reviews are good on them and you don't have hassle. The Sainsonic cheap cheap glasses I have heard will work but they are terribly uncomfortable and the picture quality is not as great; probably because they are dimmer.

You can check out my build thread if you want, for calibration, picture quality and everything else I can pull from the Optoma HD25. I just got mine in 2 days ago and watched my first movie last night and it is incredible! Ill post a pic of my room so you can get an idea about the ambient light but I have pretty much full control in the room. At night it is pitch black and even with a light on in the room behind the Theater this thing puts out a stunning picture in Eco Mode, with Dynamic Black off, and Brilliant Color to 1. I went through a quick calibration which I will post the numbers for tomorrow morning with some pictures of movies in action.

I would say unless you have direct sunlight shining into your room, meaning a window or door without curtains, the HD25 is going to be perfect. Even though we didn't get to use the 3D glasses last night we did have the machine in 3D looking at How to Train Your Dragon and I didn't get a sense through the glasses that 3D was going to be too dim in the least in Eco Mode. Of course if I really wanted it brighter I could put it on Active Mode and get there so again the HD25 will be just fine for 3D too IMHO.

I personally love it!


Optoma HD25
Pioneer Elite VSX 03THX
Monitor Audio RX6
Monitor Audio RXC
Monitor Audio R180HD
PS4
Xbox One
ebrackin is offline  
post #289 of 596 Old 08-01-2013, 08:41 AM
Newbie
 
karbabay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not for the moment, but soon I will be able to answer all your questions. j734
karbabay is offline  
post #290 of 596 Old 08-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Senior Member
 
Projectorguy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Huntsville, Alabama - The Rocket City
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Also....the HD25-LV has the same wattage / type lamp as the HD25. Is it possible that the e model has the same "tweaking", with a lower power lamp?

WWJD
Projectorguy1 is offline  
post #291 of 596 Old 08-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Senior Member
 
terry2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Georgia
Posts: 340
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miwo View Post

Good catch. I was about to impulse buy the HD25e, but will wait for a professional review on it first. Brighter projector, with less power consumption at the same price does indeed seem fishy.... unless they are giving up a lot of contrast ratio. The specs say its the same 20000 contrast as the HD25. I think reviewers already pointed out that the black levels on the HD25-LV were not as good as the HD25...... wondering how the HD25e will compare in a real measure
Don't know what a professional review will say but my eyes say the HD25e looks as bright with the lamp set to Eco as my Benq W1070 looked with the lamp set to Smart-Eco or Normal (also has better shadow detail). I'm also using Eco for 3D and it looks fine. I think the remote also puts out about the same brightness as it will blind you in a dark room when you push a button on it.
terry2 is offline  
post #292 of 596 Old 08-01-2013, 12:23 PM
Member
 
Miwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hopatcong, NJ
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry2 View Post

Don't know what a professional review will say but my eyes say the HD25e looks as bright with the lamp set to Eco as my Benq W1070 looked with the lamp set to Smart-Eco or Normal (also has better shadow detail). I'm also using Eco for 3D and it looks fine. I think the remote also puts out about the same brightness as it will blind you in a dark room when you push a button on it.

Thanks. Didnt mean to be insulting at all, I just meant profesionally measured brightness vs the regular HD25/LV to see if those extra lumen specs are indeed true even with the lower wattage bulb. Your input is definitely very helpful already since the w1070 was my other alternative. The HD25e seems to outclass it, just have to be more precise on placement as there is no Vertical shift on Optoma
Miwo is offline  
post #293 of 596 Old 08-01-2013, 12:52 PM
Senior Member
 
terry2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Georgia
Posts: 340
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miwo View Post

Thanks. Didnt mean to be insulting at all, I just meant profesionally measured brightness vs the regular HD25/LV to see if those extra lumen specs are indeed true even with the lower wattage bulb. Your input is definitely very helpful already since the w1070 was my other alternative. The HD25e seems to outclass it, just have to be more precise on placement as there is no Vertical shift on Optoma
Not at all insulting. I have no idea what the "true" brightness specs are on the Optoma HD25e but they will probably be lower than what is published. Maybe Projector Central will review it soon. I don't think you would go wrong with either the Benq W1070 or the HD25e. I was happy with my Benq and would have kept it had it not developed a loud fan rattle. To me the HD25e is not quite as sharp as the W1070 but overall has a better picture. It most certainly has better color in my opinion. Shadow detail seems better too. I did have to move my mount back a couple of feet from where the W1070 was but contrary to the distance calculator the height stayed the same. One big thing I noticed between the 2 projectors is the exhaust heat. You could cook a steak in about 5 minutes if you put it next to the vent on the Benq but the Optoma runs much cooler. Difference in the lamp wattage I guess. One other thing is I use the cheap Sainsonic DLP-Link glasses. They never lost sync with the Benq but have several times with the Optoma. Seems to happen in a bright scene. May be caused by the white flash instead of the red. Guess I'll have to come up with yet more money to get the RF's.
terry2 is offline  
post #294 of 596 Old 08-01-2013, 01:19 PM
Member
 
southpaw85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Here is my speculation regarding the brightness of the HD25e. It seems that Optoma consistently overstates actual lumen output in the HD model line up. Per Art from projectorreviews, the HD25-LV specs say it can output 3200 lumens. He measured it at 1915 lumens on bright mode, wide angle and 1794 mid zoom. The HD25e claims 2800 lumens. This is 87.5% of the HD25-LV claim. Using that percentage, I would guess that it can do 1675 lumens (1915 x .875) in bright mode, wide angle, and 1569 lumens (1794 x .875) mid zoom.

southpaw85 is offline  
post #295 of 596 Old 08-02-2013, 03:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Projectorguy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Huntsville, Alabama - The Rocket City
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Well I can state one thing for sure....I am projecting onto a 140" wide matte white screen, and no projector I have ever used (over 10 years now) has ever lit it up like the HD25e. It is MUCH brighter than my previous projector (Vivitek H100FD, which was rated ay 1800 lumens) ever was, which in turn was the brightest prrojector I ever had before it. Also, I really was impressed at the "pop" the brightness and good contrast give the image. Definitely superior to the 4000:1 I was used to
:-)


I'm very impressed with this projector....can't wait to try it out in 3-D!

WWJD
Projectorguy1 is offline  
post #296 of 596 Old 08-02-2013, 06:05 AM
Senior Member
 
terry2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Georgia
Posts: 340
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectorguy1 View Post

Well I can state one thing for sure....I am projecting onto a 140" wide matte white screen, and no projector I have ever used (over 10 years now) has ever lit it up like the HD25e. It is MUCH brighter than my previous projector (Vivitek H100FD, which was rated ay 1800 lumens) ever was, which in turn was the brightest prrojector I ever had before it. Also, I really was impressed at the "pop" the brightness and good contrast give the image. Definitely superior to the 4000:1 I was used to
:-)


I'm very impressed with this projector....can't wait to try it out in 3-D!
I think you will like the 3D on it too. Only problem I've had so far is my Sainsonic (and a pair of 3DTV Corp) don't play well with this projector in 3D and have lost sync a few times on a couple of movies. Watched Dredd 3D yesterday (I admit I like that movie) and had no sync issues with that one so not sure of the cause. Been looking around for some RF glasses but haven't decided on which ones to try (and can afford). One great thing about this projector is the 3D is bright enough with the lamp in Eco on my 120" screen and a dark room.
terry2 is offline  
post #297 of 596 Old 08-02-2013, 08:05 AM
Member
 
ebrackin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The Colony, TX
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I know ya'll are working on specs of the HD25e but I know there are few at best pics of the HD25 or any of the Optoma line out there so here are some pics of it in action.

this is with pretty much 0 ambient light but I can turn on a light in the back and it doesn't effect the screen in a way I can see.

120" Elite Sable screen with about a 16 foot throw



Uverse Cable




Pirate's of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest

Optoma HD25
Pioneer Elite VSX 03THX
Monitor Audio RX6
Monitor Audio RXC
Monitor Audio R180HD
PS4
Xbox One
ebrackin is offline  
post #298 of 596 Old 08-02-2013, 08:29 AM
Member
 
hungary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hungary is offline  
post #299 of 596 Old 08-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Projectorguy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Huntsville, Alabama - The Rocket City
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I don't understand why this thread is so slow compared to the W1070...that projector must be clobbering the Optoma in sales.

I remain in awe of what this little projector can do...

Seriously; a 6000 hour, $179 bulb? Woooo-Hooo!!

So......about those 3DTV glasses...

http://www.amazon.com/Glasses-KIT-Ready-projectors--6-Emitter/dp/B00AA5O15U/ref=sr_1_14?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1375275812&sr=1-14#productDetails



anyone using any RF glasses besides Optomas?

WWJD
Projectorguy1 is offline  
post #300 of 596 Old 08-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Member
 
ebrackin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The Colony, TX
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Don't trust the other 3d glasses, like I said before the Xpand are supposed to work with any kind of RF emitter and they wouldn't pair with the Optoma. Better to bite the bullet and get the Optoma glasses.

Optoma HD25
Pioneer Elite VSX 03THX
Monitor Audio RX6
Monitor Audio RXC
Monitor Audio R180HD
PS4
Xbox One
ebrackin is offline  
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma Hd25 Lv 3d Home Theater Projector

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off