Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #571 of 579 Old 05-14-2014, 08:06 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I think the HD25-LV and HD25e projectors are basically identical except for the brighter bulb in the LV so I would suggest giving my latest settings a try - the post just above yours from djkms is from someone who also has the HD25e and he is getting good results using my HD25-LV settings.

You could also try the simple 1-setting tweak I suggested at the end of my last post and go with whichever gives you a better picture. If you will always be using the projector with ambient light, just stick with the preset BRIGHT profile. My settings or the 1-setting tweak are only good when you are using the projector in a dark room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 579 Old 05-14-2014, 08:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenhdtv View Post

dj, I watched another movie over the weekend and still thought the darks were too dark so I'm back to settings very close to your favorite from post #557 where I had BRIGHTNESS at -2. The color error is better with the settings from last night - you may not notice any difference since both were below the recommended avg error of 3 or less.

I also took measurements of the preset modes for comparison so people can see the difference between the out-of-the-box settings and calibrated settings. Here's the ranking based on tight RGB/grayscale and primary/secondary color avg error. I think a good RGB grayscale should be first priority then low color error.

1 - USER, the best RGB, 1.8 avg color error
2 - BRIGHT, 2nd best RGB, 9.7 avg color error
3 - CINEMA, 3rd best RGB, 7.6 avg color error
4 - REFERENCE, 4th best RGB, 7.8 avg color error
5 - PHOTO, the worst RGB, 15.0 avg color error

My results from last night ...

Improvement! I liked the first setting but the saturation seemed a bit too prevalent. This is perfect, if you could get it much better than this I would be surprised. Thanks again!!

Kris S
post #573 of 579 Old 06-27-2014, 11:19 AM

Liked: 10
HP Pavilion p6740f - DVI to HDMI cable to receiver to projector?

Hi All:

I own a basic HP Pavilion p6740f desktop tower. Tonight, I'm moving it from the upstairs office to the downstairs media room. The media room is set up with all of the components, bluray, xbox360, dvr, etc in the front of the room, and the projector, mounted to the ceiling, in the back of the room. I'm planning on putting my HP Pavilion p6740f tower with the other components in the front of the room.

I plan on using the built in Windows Media Center on my PC (Windows 7) via my xbox 360. However, my PC doesn't have an HDMI output. It DOES have a DVI output.

My question: IF I HOOK UP A DVI TO HDMI CABLE FROM MY HP Pavilion p6740f PC, TO A DENON AVR 591 RECEIVER, WHICH PUSHES HDMI OUT TO MY OPTOMA HD25 LV PROJECTOR, WILL THE SIGNAL BE INTERPRETED CORRECTLY, OR WILL I NEED TO BUY AN HDMI CARD FOR MY PC TO USE INSTEAD?

Whether it's 740 p/i, or 1080 p/i, I could care less, as long as it's not 480 i/p.

This is a very specific question, so I plan to post it at hp.com as well.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

Sincerely Yours,

zebrafetish2000
post #574 of 579 Old 06-27-2014, 12:32 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
yes, the dvi to HDMI cable will work for the video signal but you will also need an audio cable (toslink optical or single RCA cable) between your PC and AV receiver because the DVI output is video only.
zebrafetish2000 likes this.
post #575 of 579 Old 06-30-2014, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenhdtv View Post
yes, the dvi to HDMI cable will work for the video signal but you will also need an audio cable (toslink optical or single RCA cable) between your PC and AV receiver because the DVI output is video only.
Excellent advice. This did in fact work exactly as described. My HP PC has a digital coax output. My Denon receiver has a digital coax input...so they we go. It works very well for all sorts of things. Check out http://www.techsupportalert.com/5-Be...ming-Sites.htm for some free content that I've just started dabbling into.

Thanks!!!

-RD
post #576 of 579 Old 06-30-2014, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Joined the 3D club last night. Got a HD25e from amazon, estar glasses, plug in play and looked really nice. I'll be fine tuning soon, but pleased with what I got right out of the box.

post #577 of 579 Old 07-01-2014, 06:10 AM

Liked: 0
HD25e

I also recently purchased the HD25e from Amazon. The default profile settings definitely seemed more reddish-yellow. Thanks to Ken's work, the user profile brings out more natural colors!

I watch and play a lot of 3D content, any recommendations for a user profile in normal instead of eco mode?
post #578 of 579 Old 07-01-2014, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Damn, only had the HD25e projector a few days and started making a loud high pitched noise. Guess I'll have to exchange unless there's a way to fix?

post #579 of 579 Old 07-09-2014, 01:18 PM

I just got a new HD25LV, it replaced an HD20. I just got it set up and while the black levels and color are a huge improvement, I'm disapointed with the sharpness compared to the HD20. Does anyone else feel it's not as sharp as it should be?
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma Hd25 Lv 3d Home Theater Projector

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page