Help with Optoma HD70 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-01-2013, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi there,

My roommate and I have an Optoma HD70 that we've been using for about 15 months. Recently, it developed magenta/green color flickering, so we took it apart and cleaned it following a walk-through we found online. Now that it's back together, the LEDs on the top light up, and pressing power gives the green LED like it would be turning on, but the lamp, fan, etc... don't turn on or make noise, or anything. If we let it sit for several minutes, the lamp light comes on. When we took it apart, we did disconnect all of the cables from the main board, but they're all back in and secure (we've double-checked). What could be the source of our now non-functional projector? We've put a new lamp in, and it doesn't work with either the new or old lamp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-05-2013, 11:55 AM

Liked: 12
I had this happen to me when I had a HD70 a few years ago. My problem turned out to be a micro-switch that the lamp cover depresses when it is put back on. I can't find any pictures, but just take the cover off and look for it, you should find it.

Hope that works!
post #3 of 4 Old 02-05-2013, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks for the reply! My roommate was able to figure it out - when we reassembled the projector, we didn't have the large connector built into the bottom of the main circuit board connected properly. I'd seen that micro-switch issue, but tested and realized that wasn't the problem. With the lamp cover off and the switch open, the LEDs on the projector don't come on at all.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-05-2013, 04:36 PM

Liked: 12
Ah. Well I'm glad you figured it out even if it wasn't me that helped. It took me AGES to figure out what the heck was wrong with mine. At that time it was a brand new model and there was zero information on the net. I LOVED that projector. Moved onto a HD20 now that has 2200 hours on it. I might have to look next Christmas for the another upgrade. Gotta love projectors
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page