AVS Forum banner

Projector Optoma GT750 Keeps Automatically Turning On (NON Stop)

14K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  francisfaure86 
#1 ·
Projector keeps turning on automatically.

With nothing plugged into the projector it will power on also (thought it might be my system sending signal for auto on, Which that feature is turned off on the projector)

I power it down by pressing power button on unit and tried on controller, it will turn off then turn back on.

Power Button doesn't feel stuck pressed, with unit off I pressed it several times to make sure it was clicking each time.

Started sometime this last week. I just noticed it the other day and my usage went from 180hrs up to 250hrs.

Tried to figure out how to factory reset the projector with no, luck. One site gave 6 ways how to and tried each with no luck.

Appreciate any advice.

I have requested a replacement from Amazon since today was the last day I could do that, so if solution is found by time replacement gets here I'll just swap it out.

See less See more
#4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolimit208  /t/1457569/projector-optoma-gt750-keeps-automatically-turning-on-non-stop#post_22953849

That is off, that was really the only thing I found before I posted to do, and it was never on.

Optoma informed me I need to send the unit back when I spoke to them today.

My replacement will be here tomorrow so just gonna swap it out.

Same thing is happening to me now. Do you have a # for them, so I can call. Thx

#5 ·
Projector keeps turning on automatically.
With nothing plugged into the projector it will power on also (thought it might be my system sending signal for auto on, Which that feature is turned off on the projector)
I power it down by pressing power button on unit and tried on controller, it will turn off then turn back on.
Power Button doesn't feel stuck pressed, with unit off I pressed it several times to make sure it was clicking each time.
Started sometime this last week. I just noticed it the other day and my usage went from 180hrs up to 250hrs.

Tried to figure out how to factory reset the projector with no, luck. One site gave 6 ways how to and tried each with no luck.

Appreciate any advice.

I have requested a replacement from Amazon since today was the last day I could do that, so if solution is found by time replacement gets here I'll just swap it out.
I had the same issue and I fixed it with the factory reset option in the service menu. You just have to press "Power", "Left", "Left" and "Menu" (with the projector buttons) in order to get into the service menu and select the "Factory reset" option, make sure to write down the number of hours of your lamp before the reset.

#6 ·
hold power bouton (on projector) when pluged and wait to start with maintain button and shut off with remote pressed two time at the off bouton (right top of remote)
when is finish the shutdown release and probably the yellow light is off
when you see the red light solid on off status , if is fix!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.