Epson 3020 and HDMI CEC (hdmi link) compatible AV receivers? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-19-2013, 01:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Greetings,

I'm hoping someone out there might be on the same boat ........

Does anyone know if there's an AV receiver out there that can send the HDMI CEC signal to an Epson Home Cinema 3020 to power it on when the receiver is turned on?

I just got the Yamaha RX-V473, and though they both support HDMI Link .... and the Epson has settings to allow it to get "power on" ... it doesn't look like they are compatible with each other. The receiver doesn't show up under the "device connections" of the projector settings frown.gif

Would I have better luck with a Denon or Pioneer AV receiver?

thanks a ton! :P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-26-2013, 11:27 PM

Im curious about this as-well I own a 9200 anyone had luck with Power On projector with any receiver?

post #3 of 5 Old 10-27-2013, 07:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 272
The only requirement by any devices out there to be CEC compliant is that it must respond to the 'power off' command. HDMI CEC is a joke, and is why there are good universal remotes out there. HDMI CEC had the potential to be exceptional, but it wasn't implemented well and manufacturers don't tend to publish specs, compatibility, or much else. In fact, due to the erratic nature of HDMI CEC, it is typically far better to simply not use it than to allow it to fail to deliver as expected with inconsistent results.

Need to get that Blu-ray out of your player? Well, turning on the BD player just turned on the receiver and the projector automatically... Great. What a waste.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
post #4 of 5 Old 10-27-2013, 10:05 PM

Who uses blue ray disks still ? =p

Are you referring to a harmony remote?

Was hoping to tie it in to my vera home automation system proving quite hard..
post #5 of 5 Old 10-28-2013, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javlin View Post

Who uses blue ray disks still ? =p
Just those people who want the best quality. Whether you play back from the disc, or from a 1:1 rip from the disc, there isn't anything that I'm aware of that actually is delivering better quality. Maybe you know of something else?
Quote:

Are you referring to a harmony remote?
I'm referring to whatever is 'good enough' to leave you a system which can easily be turned on with the touch of a button every single time with extremely high reliability and very low service requirements. For some that is a Harmony, for others URC, and for some it is Control 4, AMX, or Crestron. Really depends on who you are and what the setup is.
Quote:

Was hoping to tie it in to my vera home automation system proving quite hard..
If you have a HA system, why not use the serial port on the projector? That actually works well, is a fully working product, and can power on, power off, switch inputs as necessary, and is extremely reliable.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson V11h501020 Powerlite Home Cinema 3020 2d And 3d Home Theater Projector , Yamaha Rx V473 Receiver
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page