Optoma HD131X : Cheaper black version of the Optoma HD25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 43 Old 03-01-2013, 11:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 78
It's exactly the same as the HD25 but in black and 300$ cheaper !

Just got mine, review will follow in two weeks :

Visit the new pjhc.fr forum here : http://www.projection-homecinema.fr/forum/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 Old 03-03-2013, 03:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can you please tell the difference between this one and the hd25
post #3 of 43 Old 03-03-2013, 04:50 PM

From the HD25 thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraine View Post

It's the same but at lower price and in black wink.gif
post #4 of 43 Old 03-03-2013, 05:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofmarat View Post

You could have also checked the first line in the first post wink.gif
post #5 of 43 Old 03-04-2013, 05:47 AM

Quote:

The HD25 comes with 1 set of OPTOMA ZF2100 3D GLASSES + Emitter

As others have stated:

The HD131X is black and comes with no 3D glasses or emitter, hence cheaper.
post #6 of 43 Old 03-04-2013, 06:33 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by storm45 View Post

The HD25 comes with 1 set of OPTOMA ZF2100 3D GLASSES + Emitter

As others have stated:

The HD131X is black and comes with no 3D glasses or emitter, hence cheaper.
both 131x and 25 come without the rf 3d system as indicated in optoma official site

http://www.optomaeurope.com/projectordetailshccs.aspx?ShowMenu=HE&PTypedb=Home%20Entertainment&PC=HD25

http://www.optomaeurope.com/projectordetailshccs.aspx?ShowMenu=HE&PTypedb=Home%20Entertainment&PC=HD131X

and as stated in many online retail stores(what's in the box)
post #7 of 43 Old 03-04-2013, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dprojector View Post

both 131x and 25 come without the rf 3d system as indicated in optoma official site

http://www.optomaeurope.com/projectordetailshccs.aspx?ShowMenu=HE&PTypedb=Home%20Entertainment&PC=HD25

http://www.optomaeurope.com/projectordetailshccs.aspx?ShowMenu=HE&PTypedb=Home%20Entertainment&PC=HD131X

Oh right, in the UK they come with free pair of them, not in the box i guess. Thanks for clearing that up, don't know how to explain the price difference then...
post #8 of 43 Old 03-04-2013, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
It says +12v plug but I don't see it. Is there a trigger?
post #9 of 43 Old 03-05-2013, 11:24 PM

Im sooo waiting review on this one ..
post #10 of 43 Old 03-06-2013, 05:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

By the end of next week you should be able to read it. smile.gif

post #11 of 43 Old 03-06-2013, 06:36 AM

Quote:

By the end of next week you should be able to read it. smile.gif

would please see this
Quote:

@Kraine
Any word on this?
hd30

http://www.optoma.co.uk/uploads/brochures/HD30-B-en-GB.pdf
post #12 of 43 Old 03-06-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:

I can't see from the links that you gave that there is a pair of glasses inside the hd25 box
post #13 of 43 Old 03-06-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:

I can't see from the links that you gave that there is a pair of glasses inside the hd25 box
that's what I'm saying,as per optoma,it's an optional,they are sold separately for both.
post #14 of 43 Old 03-08-2013, 06:08 PM

I got mine from Amazon.co.uk. Worked fine for a couple days then it would shut off by itself. No cool down just shut off. Would not turn on again by remote or pushing power button on projector. Had to unplug from wall and wait several minutes and then plug back in and hit power button on remote then would come back on. Happened 7X. Defective ! The HD25 forum guys told me to send it back to Amazon for return. Tried to but I ordered from Amazon.co.uk with Amazon "PRIME" . I live in Wisconsin, UNITED STATES They authorized a return because the projector was defective. They did NOT give me a prepaid shipping label as they should and as they have ALWAYS done in the past when the product was defective and NOT my fault. All they sent me was a shipping lable with an address and I pay for postage. They did allow me $8.30 for postage. I took it took my local UPS and the lowest charge to United Kingdom was $307. NO WAY MAN...... I contacted Amazon about this and they said well.... I should contact Optoma with my problems.. NO Way man....the unit is defective and they have authorized the return with a RMA# they should provide the prepaid shipping label for the return. I don't know what to do with Amazon.co.uk Any help from my buddies out there would be GREAT ! Before I ordered from UK I asked if there would be any problems with shipping to USA they said no since I am a AMAZON PRIME member. WHAT A MESS....mad.gif
post #15 of 43 Old 03-08-2013, 07:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Shipping to the U.S. is one thing. Trying to send a bum unit back over the pond is a different story. I once purchased a Joby gorillapod on ebay from China, with free shipping. Got the item and it was a fake. Although I could return it, the shipping costs were more than what I paid.

It's a convenience to be able to order from Amazon.uk, but it's a different monster and there's no way you're going to be able to demand the same level of customer service as Amazon.us. I hope you can find a cost effective way to deal with this. Also consider whether you can get a refund instead of a repair or replacement because shipping will ALWAYS be unmanageable. The warranty might be another obstacle with an overseas purchase.

I almost got tempted by the good exchange rate on this the other day then luckily it seeped into my brain that this wasn't a short throw projector. I would have really been stuck had I pulled the trigger.
post #16 of 43 Old 03-08-2013, 07:58 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanab View Post

I got mine from Amazon.co.uk. Worked fine for a couple days then it would shut off by itself. No cool down just shut off. Would not turn on again by remote or pushing power button on projector. Had to unplug from wall and wait several minutes and then plug back in and hit power button on remote then would come back on. Happened 7X. Defective ! The HD25 forum guys told me to send it back to Amazon for return. Tried to but I ordered from Amazon.co.uk with Amazon "PRIME" . I live in Wisconsin, UNITED STATES They authorized a return because the projector was defective. They did NOT give me a prepaid shipping label as they should and as they have ALWAYS done in the past when the product was defective and NOT my fault. All they sent me was a shipping lable with an address and I pay for postage. They did allow me $8.30 for postage. I took it took my local UPS and the lowest charge to United Kingdom was $307. NO WAY MAN...... I contacted Amazon about this and they said well.... I should contact Optoma with my problems.. NO Way man....the unit is defective and they have authorized the return with a RMA# they should provide the prepaid shipping label for the return. I don't know what to do with Amazon.co.uk Any help from my buddies out there would be GREAT ! Before I ordered from UK I asked if there would be any problems with shipping to USA they said no since I am a AMAZON PRIME member. WHAT A MESS....mad.gif

i sell quite a bit on ebay and sell items to the U.K. a lot.
how much does the box weigh with the projector inside? you should be able to ship it via usps priority mail insured which would include tracking showing proof of receipt by amazon.co.uk.
if it weighs less than 10 lbs,it should be less than $80.00 including insurance.so if its now even close to that weight,then its even cheaper.
also,once amazon receives the defective unit and you receive credit,kindly send them an email with the cost of the shipping and they will REFUND you that as well.
i have returned items back to all of the amazons overseas and they WILL give you a refund on shipping if it was very costly.
post #17 of 43 Old 03-08-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanab View Post

they should send some kind of a prepaid shipping form to your email,then you printout this form,take with the projector to the assigned career.
at least this what happened with me with the viewsonic pro9000,it was with a lower profile company in the uk.
just,contact them,and everything will be fine.
post #18 of 43 Old 03-08-2013, 08:07 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

they should send some kind of a prepaid shipping form to your email,then you printout this form,take with the projector to the assigned career.
at least this what happened with me with the viewsonic pro9000,it was with a lower profile company in the uk.
just,contact them,and everything will be fine.

none of the amazon from overseas will do that(send a prepaid label).they will refund you afterwards.it is what you have to deal with when you order from them overseas.this is the norm.
post #19 of 43 Old 03-09-2013, 05:44 AM

After sending emails to customer support they told me that was too bad and can not alow monies for prepaid labels. I WOULD have to pay my own shipping. If I don't like that I can contact Optoma and complain to them. NOT So I thought of their online chat.... Had to get up quite early here in Wisconsin to get in there time zone alowance. Got to talk to a wondweful lady that understood my problem and said yes I pay the postage and if I send them a copy of that they WILL SEND A REFUND Great somebody understands. So will see what happwns now. Sent me a special email address so what the process is. Lesson learned... DON'T contact Amazon by email.....only by the online chat.smile.gif
post #20 of 43 Old 03-10-2013, 12:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 72
yeah another thread to follow but so far the BenQ W1070 is still a bit in the lead, cant wait to see this review smile.gif

Projector: BenQ w1070 v1.06 + Painted N9 Grey 120" Screen
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR636 ATMOS + Darbee
Bluray Player: Panasonic DMP-BDT 321
Speakers: Polk Audio + ButtKicker LFE
Arrangement: 5.2.2
post #21 of 43 Old 03-11-2013, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Review will come this week but it will be almost a copy version from the HD25

results are similar :

http://www.cinetson.org/phpBB3/projecteurs-f2/dlp-full-ready-test-cours-t36934-180.html

post #22 of 43 Old 03-11-2013, 05:05 PM

If you had to choose between this the hd33 ot to the benq1070 what would you pick?
post #23 of 43 Old 03-11-2013, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I have bought the HD131X for my own, it's not only a presssample model, so I made my choice wink.gif

post #24 of 43 Old 03-12-2013, 01:34 AM

OK, great! smile.gif

I have decided to buy the hd131x but now I have trouble picking up the 3D glasses.
Do you have any experience with the Optoma zf2100 glasses which are RF, and other DLP link glasses that you can say, if is worth paying 100 euros per pair?

Thanks!
post #25 of 43 Old 03-12-2013, 09:49 AM

Hi Kraine
what Ceiling Mount would fit best for this projector?
thanks
post #26 of 43 Old 03-13-2013, 11:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

OK, great! smile.gif

I have decided to buy the hd131x but now I have trouble picking up the 3D glasses.
Do you have any experience with the Optoma zf2100 glasses which are RF, and other DLP link glasses that you can say, if is worth paying 100 euros per pair?

Thanks!

Yes I do, I have both at home (RF Optoma Glasses) and DLP LINK 144HZ from BenQ). To watch movie I'm using only the RF solution wich is more confortable and stable, it's impossible to loose synchronisation with the ZF2100.

post #27 of 43 Old 03-13-2013, 11:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hi Kraine
what Ceiling Mount would fit best for this projector?
thanks

Im' not an expert in celling mount 3dprojector but the HD131X is light so something like this is enough :

http://www.pipro.de/Ceiling-mount/Universal-Ceiling-Mount-Piccolino::217.html

post #28 of 43 Old 03-14-2013, 03:08 AM

Quote:

Im' not an expert in celling mount 3dprojector but the HD131X is light so something like this is enough :

http://www.pipro.de/Ceiling-mount/Universal-Ceiling-Mount-Piccolino::217.html
Thanks,I was asking for a friend who has the projector,he is in a small village,and want's to fabricate one,he want's to see one,just for an idea.
for me,I would like to wait for the Optoma hd30 and see the reviews,or the Acer H7532BD,then I may dump the hc7800d.
post #29 of 43 Old 03-14-2013, 05:52 AM

Quote:

Yes I do, I have both at home (RF Optoma Glasses) and DLP LINK 144HZ from BenQ). To watch movie I'm using only the RF solution wich is more confortable and stable, it's impossible to loose synchronisation with the ZF2100.

Thanks for the answer, what about the image quality, not the synchronization, is it different between dlp and rf glasses?
post #30 of 43 Old 03-14-2013, 05:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I prefer the RF 3D picture thanks to the contrast. With DLP-LINK the white or red synchronisation flash is disturbing.

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma Hd25 Lv 3d Home Theater Projector