LG PA70G and ·3D - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-03-2013, 06:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I purchased the LG PA70g on a try out basis and was very pleased with the results. I have a 3.5m X 3.5M room built for the purpose of listening to music and watching movies with no ambient light entering the room. I have no focusing issues and the picture is clear and acceptably sharp considering the price. From 3 metres distance it is projecting a 225cm metre horizontal image. Great so far. I tried it out for ten days or so and decided to go ahead with the purchase. At this point it all goes a bit wrong. I didn't have any DLP 3D glasses during the test period but the assistant in the shop ( a major German electronics and home appliance centre) assured me that it would transmit 3D through almost any LG 3D equipped Blu-Ray player or, as is the case with me, via my PS3. The assistant went so far as to say that they were demonstrating this in the shop only the week before. I purchased a pair of LG's DLP 3D glasses from the assistant and looked forward to trying the 3D facility out. It didn't work! In fact as I read through this forum I can see that it will never work with a PS3 or an LG Blu-Ray player. I have no intention of setting up my desktop PC in my movie room so what is the solution? The shop tell me that I must be doing something wrong since it should work and will only offer a replacement. LG's own tech support replies suggest that it will work with LG Blu-Ray disc players (see below). As I said I'm pleased with the 2D image which is what it will be used for the majority of the time but why are LG lying to us? As far as I can see from the comments on this forum the LG Pa70G can only transmit 3D at 120Hz thorough a PC. Any suggestions?

Brian

(Below copied from LG's support pag at http://www.lg.com/us/projectors/lg-PA70G-micro-portable

CAN I PLAY 3D MOVIES ON THE PA70G PROJECTOR USING THE LG BP620 BLU-RAY PLAYER?
If so, what other players can I use?
If not, what player will I need to play 3D movies on the PA70G?
Category: I own this product
Interested in: How To use
3 MONTHS, 2 WEEKS AGOU
ANSWERS
STAFFEXPERT
We appreciate your interest in this DLP projector and its compatible devices. According to our information, it appears that this projector and BluRay player should be compatible when connected using the HDMI connection. Any of our other 3D BluRay players should also be compatible. These can be reviewed on our website at http://www.lg.com/us/blu-ray-player....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-03-2013, 11:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I'm thinking you are gonna have to call LG and see if some tech can hook up a pa70g and LG blu ray player and pop in a 3d movie.

I guess you can buy a LG blu ray 3d player from Amazon and see if it works, maybe someone else already did do that. If they did, share with us.

It does work with the pc , if your graphics card does 3d. On details on LG's site, it mentions pc 3d , but if it also works with LG blu ray player, that would be nice to know.

If it does work, we would have a way to load 3d downloaded files onto the LG 3d player and that would be very cool because it has a usb port and it's also a wifi device and has smart tv apps, maybe even youtube 3d.

update:
The pa70g will NOT work with LG blu ray player, seems website is giving wrong info:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3SZ3VR25YLWS2
post #3 of 5 Old 03-03-2013, 02:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 36
It seems it like all other 3D ready projectors. Here' s a definition from the Projector Central website:
Quote:
A projector that is PC 3D Ready can accept a 120Hz frame-sequential 3D signal from a computer via either NVIDIA's 3D Vision system or one of several educational software suites. These projectors are not compatible with the HDMI 1.4 3D specification used on 3D Blu-ray players and set-top boxes. This type of projector is also refered to as 3D Ready.
post #4 of 5 Old 03-03-2013, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyad View Post

These projectors are not compatible with the HDMI 1.4 3D specification used on 3D Blu-ray players and set-top boxes. This type of projector is also refered to as 3D Ready.

Therefore it would seem LG are lying on their own official website.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian 66 View Post

Therefore it would seem LG are lying on their own official website.

Could be. Notice that answer says the projector is compatible to their blu-ray players. Then says it should be compatible with their 3d blu-ray players. But they are not answering the question directly about playing 3d disks. Secondly, look at their answer to someone who asked how the projector does 3d and here is their answer:
Quote:
According to the information available, on our website, this projector is capable of 3D viewing. The unit will require DLP-Link 3D Glasses. Check the minimum system requirements for your computer, as are listed on page 41 of your owner’s manual. Set the VIDEO OUTPUT to XGA 120Hz and play a video file using a video player that supports 3D output. If you have additional questions about this unit, please contact our Customer Interactive Center at 800-243-0000.

Not a word about just connecting a 3d blu-ray player to the projector.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Lg Electronics Pa70g Micro Portable Led Projector