Need help! New 8350 image issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-22-2013, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi - new the forum and looking for some help with my brand new 8350. I have my blu ray connected through hdmi and my Comcast HD cable box to the component input. The blu ray image is spectacular - really a huge improvement over my old Panny AE900u. Big problem with the TV image though: while the image itself looks great, there are scrolling green and magenta bands that start at the bottom and roll toward the top of the image, along with some other image artifacts. This is on every channel, HD or standard def. When i switch the blu ray to the component input, no issues - spectacular image, so I don't believe it's the component input, but its also a different signal type. I have checked every connection and swapped component cables. I have tried adjusting every relevant projector setting I can think of, but no luck. This did not happen on the old projector, and no other TV in the house displays the same issue, so while I don't rule out the signal, I wonder if I'm missing something in the projector settings or if there's an issue with video signal processing. There's no hdmi out on the cable box so I can't do that comparison. Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions? Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Mike
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page