Weirdness of my Panasonic AE 4000U - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-24-2013, 01:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just purchased a "like-new" AE4000U. I really love this unit except for one issue. My lower left-hand corner of the projected image is angled upwards. It's not horribly bad, but certainly is noticeable. I had a Panny AE900U prior to mounting this unit, and it never had such an issue - in fact, it never had an issue! I just wanted to go from a 720P to 1980P. Honestly, there isn't that much difference. I must have had a great 720P unit!

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone out there has had this experience. My installers told me that my wall was not perfectly flat and since my screen box hangs from the ceiling/wall, "it's off" and this causes my image to be sent upwards in the lower left corner....but, again, I never had this with my AE900U.

Any advice?

Roger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-24-2013, 03:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Are you using an extreme amount of lens shift in one direction or a good amount of both (H&V)?

Jason
post #3 of 3 Old 03-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by socman View Post

I just purchased a "like-new" AE4000U. I really love this unit except for one issue. My lower left-hand corner of the projected image is angled upwards. It's not horribly bad, but certainly is noticeable. I had a Panny AE900U prior to mounting this unit, and it never had such an issue - in fact, it never had an issue! I just wanted to go from a 720P to 1980P. Honestly, there isn't that much difference. I must have had a great 720P unit!

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone out there has had this experience. My installers told me that my wall was not perfectly flat and since my screen box hangs from the ceiling/wall, "it's off" and this causes my image to be sent upwards in the lower left corner....but, again, I never had this with my AE900U.

Any advice?

Roger

Hi Roger
Looks like this?

Your new AE4000 has now a centered lens.
I think you have compensated this (if you installed it on the same spot) by rotating and tilting a little the PJ. To correct this you have to undo both. Level your PJ and turn it counter clock wise (looking at the screen). Use the lens shift mechanism and zoom to fill the screen.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page