SONY VPL HS60 Lamp Cover blinking error - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 03-25-2013, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all!

Well, as stated, I have a real problem with my projector right now. First my fans died, so in order to fix them, I had to open the projector. I couldn't fix them so I made an external solution. But NOW when they are working and I have put everything together, the "lamp cover" light blinks and I can't start the projector at all frown.gif

Does anybody have ANY clue what this could be? I have tried to remove the lamp and put it back in at least 50 times now, but the problem still remains.

I have looked everywhere but i just can't seem to find any fuses in this. Besides the input fuse of course.

I have to say that the projector WORKED before I opened it to fix the fans. So something must have happened frown.gif

Many many thanks for any help here!!

/R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-25-2013, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Explain external solution. If you replaced or bypassed the fans, you should know that the projector is looking for a feedback signal from those internal fans and if it isn't there, the projector will not operate.

And the problem is not fuse-related, there are no fuses involved.
post #3 of 11 Old 03-25-2013, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Well, it worked perfectly when the fans were dead. This was BEFORE I opened it. The solution is just an external DC adapter feeding the fans some voltage smile.gif And an VR so I can adjust the speed after taste.

IF the projector died WHEN the fans did, I of course would have bought this. But now it's something else. I don't know WHAT killed the fans though. IC circuit? Have really no idea. But like I said, it worked when the fans were dead. And the blinking light "lamp cover" must mean something? smile.gif I have no idea what controls this indicator. Have I broken something? I remember that I started up the projector with NO lamp in it. But this seems like a long shot to me.

Could the blinking "lamp cover" indicator be some result of the fans? I have no idea what this lamp actually means really smile.gif The lamp is there alright.

If the system were looking for a feedback loop, why is the "lamp cover" blinking?

Thanks!

R
post #4 of 11 Old 03-25-2013, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member

If the fans are not working, more than likely the cause is a failed fan controller on the main board. On the lamp cover error, find the microswitch that is engaged by a tab on the lamp door and manually close it. You should be able to hear it "click". If you do that and you still have the error, the problem is something else. Not uncommon, some manufacturers lump other errors together.
post #5 of 11 Old 03-25-2013, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

When i tested it now without the lamp connected I got the same error. So it's like it can't sense that the lamp is connected. Really have no clue what it could be. Feedback loop of some kind? Missing ground cable somewhere? I have to put it all back together once more to be 100% sure I haven't missed something.

But tips and ides are very very welcome!

R
post #6 of 11 Old 03-25-2013, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member

The projector will not run without the lamp. It will try, but shut down when it fails to ignite the lamp that isn't there.
post #7 of 11 Old 03-26-2013, 04:25 AM - Thread Starter

Well, like I said, the "lamp cover" indicator was blinking when the lamp WASN'T there. So when it is there it can't sense it. Strange.

R
post #8 of 11 Old 03-26-2013, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

The Lamp Cover does NOT sense the lamp, it is the switch that the lamp COVER or DOOR engages when in place.
post #9 of 11 Old 03-26-2013, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter

Do you know exactly what the "lamp cover" refers to? I thought it was the lamp itself. There is a "switch" located where the lamp is. "Maybe" this is problem? I have to check this more thorough.

Thanks for all the great help so far!

R
post #10 of 11 Old 03-26-2013, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 20
The lamp cover refers to a cover over the lamp lol.

The cover you remove to replace the lamp, it had to be there and there is a switch that tells if it is present or not.
post #11 of 11 Old 03-26-2013, 01:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
check to make sure the frame that holds in the dust filter is not out of place. IN one of my old sonys there was a tiny little tab that the filter frame had to depress in addition to the Lamp cover. If it was not perfectly seated I would get the lamp cover Light.

Just a suggestion

Bohanna
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page