Optoma HD25 Firmware upgrade? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 31 Old 03-27-2013, 05:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
According to the 'Trusted Review' ten page web review of this projector, there is a Firmware upgrade that can sort out some glitches. Having just purchased this projector I thought it advisable to check with my retailer whether my projector had the latest firmware upgrade. Speaking with the super helpful guys at Richer Sounds, here in the UK, I was assured that the Trusted Review was completely in error and that there was no firmware upgrade. However, the Trusted Review is actually publicised on Optoma's official web site, so that felt a little odd... Optoma's tech support have emailed me to say that my unit "does indeed require a firmware update" but that I will need to send it back for this to be done. Meanwhile Richer Sounds are saying they are happy to replace the unit, however they do not believe that will be of any use as they have been assured there is no Firmware upgrade ! What to do? Who to believe ? I'm inclined to let Optoma have it back and see if they do indeed change the firmware, but for this to be effective I first need to know what my current firmware version is. Optoma tech support informed the retailer, (in my presence) that pressing the sequence Power On, followed by arrow up and arrow down, would reveal the firmware details. Not so. Another Optoma tech guy gave me a slightly different sequence today, (press Power On, followed by two left arrow keys), nada!

Anybody know what the correct sequence is? Also, anybody able to throw light on this whole issue? I'd love to be able to email the reviewer at Trusted Reviews and get his take on his article being 'in error', but cannot find any details for him.

All comments helpful. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 03-27-2013, 09:47 AM

Hi,
I am from Spain. My HD25 is showing the issue with DLP-Link 3D setting pointed in the trustedreview page. Every time I turn it on I have to change again to VESA.
I don't know if there is an update but the little problem is there.
Just today i have sent an email to Optoma support but still no answer.

If you don't have this issue it is very likely you have the latest firmware and don't need an update and we can conclude there is an update as you and me have different firmwares being mine older.
post #3 of 31 Old 03-28-2013, 04:27 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Capetuso. I've got the retailer on to the problem and hopefully will soon have a cast iron way of discovering how to ascertain the firmware version and what the latest firmware version is. This way I will know for sure. You don 't mention in your post, but I take it that you also do not know the remote button sequence to bring up the firmware version number? Does anyone?
post #4 of 31 Old 03-28-2013, 04:52 AM

Don't have a clue but found this with the help of google, it's for the HD20 but it may work.

"When the projector is on, press "off" once, then left twice, then up. This will bring you to the service menu where you can check firmware version as well as other interesting things"

Tell us if it works I can't test it until tonight.
post #5 of 31 Old 03-28-2013, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by capetuso View Post

Don't have a clue but found this with the help of google, it's for the HD20 but it may work.

"When the projector is on, press "off" once, then left twice, then up. This will bring you to the service menu where you can check firmware version as well as other interesting things"

Tell us if it works I can't test it until tonight.

Nice try, but no, it didn't work.
I've heard back from Optoma tech support who say i need to press the following keys, as follows; power on, up arrow, down arrow, menu. Guess what, Optoma tech support apparently don't know their a---- from their elbow. Their sequence does absolutely nothing ! Well, not quite nothing - it increases the sound, then decreases it, then opens the audio menu! This is the third variation I've received from Optoma here in the UK, and all of them wrong. One can only assume Optoma's technical department is staffed by people who are technically incompetent.
post #6 of 31 Old 03-28-2013, 04:28 PM

hello peeps i have some thing you'll like

Found out the hd25 code by using my alcohol fueled brain and a bit of frustration!..no thanks to optoma

(proj is on) press OFF UP DOWN menu youll be greeted by a rather basic service menu with 3dvision ir choices, multiple test cards and of course the firmware /edid values you'll need to tell those muppets over at optoma so they realise how annoyed we all are with sub par firmware on day of release of said projector!

heres mine as proof!and some examples of the decent test cards on offer

go and play with it and tell richer sounds and optoma till your blue in the face this is unacceptable! im not sending back a device with a lamp back to them just to service it with something that should have been done before it left the factory! no manual? i mean! come on its 2013 optoma... lol ALso the lens feels soft in the corners? any takers ?

mrPiklz

pixelpiklz.com
post #7 of 31 Old 03-29-2013, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, but still not working for me!
I'd appreciate you telling me what I'm doing wrong and/or how I'm misinterpreting your instructions:
With the Optoma HD25 projector running, using the Optoma remote handset (supplied, small cream coloured bone shaped remote control, type A. Not black remote control, type B/C), I press the following keys ONCE and individually, (I,e I do not hold down any key while pressing a second key), as follows:

1. The OFF key (the power off key top right on remote)
2. The UP ARROW (marked Volume+).
3. The DOWN ARROW (marked Volume-).
4. The MENU BUTTON (immediately to the left of the Down Arrow).

I have tried numerous versions of this, (for instance, excluding item 4, or reversing the order, trying left and right arrows etc) but nothing works. I have tried it with and without a HDMI lead plugged in, Although I can't imagine it needs an active source present to bring up a service menu... So am a bit stumped. If you see where I'm misinterpreting the correct sequence, then let me know! Just to emphasis. I am only pressing each key once, I am not holding two keys down at any point and I am pressing them in the order given above.
post #8 of 31 Old 03-30-2013, 08:51 AM

Your doing it right, that's very strange why it's not appeared for you yet.. I'll tell my m8 to try this code on his see if it's just a fluke. I'll. Brb
post #9 of 31 Old 03-30-2013, 12:41 PM

Works for me! I didnt try it with a Source hooked up, is that the key? Just turned on the PJ, popped up the service menu (wow lots of things to do in there!?) and turned it off 10 mins later... hope thats ok for the lamp?

Anyway... agree, lame on one hand of Optoma to not have manuals and a 2 year warranty instead of 3 (only available through your receipt as proof of purchase, not in a card or anything in the box!?), but I guess the savings are passed onto us right? wink.gif

Dont dig this firmware crap... as I have to reset VESA every time too... and I agree, I am NOT Sending my PJ anywhere. They should allow us to update the firmware. Is this 2013?!

Cheers!
post #10 of 31 Old 03-30-2013, 03:19 PM

:cool:Yes no source would be easier I may have had no ps3 on at the time, glad yours does work too and I'm not dreaming howie2010! maybe it cant handle showing service menu and input source? or its too busy trying to look like windows 3.11 with that ridiculous egg timer!
post #11 of 31 Old 04-01-2013, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

So guys, while you're there - what's your firmware version number?
I'm wondering if a different firmware has allocated a different set of key presses to bring up the service menu - that's the only reason I can think of as to why you can both access it and I can't. (I've tried it both with a source and without. I don't believe that should make a difference).
post #12 of 31 Old 04-02-2013, 12:18 AM

I've got the hd131x and now it's official: it's the same! My firmware is the same as Ultrapixels: C03 and Model Name = HD25

Bought mine in Germany and shipped to NL for € 740,-

Too big a difference for the extra warranty. Besides: i like it better in black smile.gif
post #13 of 31 Old 04-02-2013, 01:32 AM

NEW MENU FOUND! smile.gif. Also ive just found another even longer service menu! problem is that im not sure how i got it on (bluray was swtich on i pressed menu to release the service screen and boom came another big menu!! with more functions
sadly + no camera ready to take a picture this time frown.gif, but it had tons of menus! did you say you saw it too howie2010?

ps by accident I reset my lamp hours oops tongue.gif
post #14 of 31 Old 04-02-2013, 05:26 PM

Same Firmware as Pixl.

C03
C01 B04
12/12/05

cant seem to get the 2nd menu screen again dont rem how either, tried it all... frown.gif

spoke too soon biggrin.gif - http://factory-reset.com/wiki/Optoma_Service_Menu

OFF L L Menu seems to work wink.gif
post #15 of 31 Old 04-02-2013, 06:08 PM

yeah your right there its that which brings up the xtra long menu -colour wheel tests various debug modes factory reset which makes it like new! see why they dont want that known smile.gif. wish you could just update firmware from home looks so ready to go :! keep getting purple screen and have to set vesa to dlp then back to vesa mode just to clear the purple!(on 2d or 3d bluray content) mayeb cable not good enough... or maybe firmware needs a little due care and attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie2010 View Post

Same Firmware as Pixl.

C03
C01 B04
12/12/05

cant seem to get the 2nd menu screen again dont rem how either, tried it all... frown.gif

spoke too soon biggrin.gif - http://factory-reset.com/wiki/Optoma_Service_Menu

OFF L L Menu seems to work wink.gif
post #16 of 31 Old 04-08-2013, 02:03 AM

If there's any engineer /tech person from optoma on these forums? If so could you tell us if, like the hd65,we will get a software download/flash firmware from home option so we don't have to sent the whole projector to your depot? Not only for the cost to your customers but the time without film/tv on wall etc is a bit crazy in 2013 that we can't have this? I mean psps, iPhone, galaxy's phones all these have had firmwares jailbreak tweaks, yet nothing to fix a problem with projectors vesa modes bad syncing, slow ui response which quiet frankly would make most people take it back to origin of purchase for full refund or rma, at least tell us if it ever will come this year because I'm going to return this to richer sounds v soon and go for the benq which has a solid ui./firmware in comparison...
post #17 of 31 Old 05-17-2013, 02:11 PM

Im also having some issues with my Optoma HD25. I thought it was firmware related so after some googling I ended up here. I have noticed that some of the picture settings disappear and for time to time they go back to default factory settings. For example when I use mine AppleTV it has all the correct picture settings but when I switch to PS3 or digibox some of the settings disappear like TINT and colour. All of my equipment are connected to Yamaha RX V-773. Any idea why some of the options disappear??
post #18 of 31 Old 05-17-2013, 10:01 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Latest firmware is now CO4. I discovered that when you adjust gain on the colors, it only shifts the color level but does not allow you to alter the white balance. So there is no way to adjust white balance at the moment. Anyone able to adjust white balance on co3 firmware?
post #19 of 31 Old 05-17-2013, 10:20 PM

Sorry my mistake, u can adjust white balance via 'white' setting found together with (red,green,blue,white,cyan,magenta,yellow) under advanced setting
post #20 of 31 Old 05-17-2013, 11:27 PM

@tanwn1 Where can I download the CO4 firmware?
post #21 of 31 Old 05-18-2013, 04:49 AM

I did not download. I ordered from beach camera in may and it came installed with c04
post #22 of 31 Old 10-13-2013, 05:08 AM

Liked: 12

In case anyone locates this thread while looking for HD25LV info, firmware

accessibility may have changed since the last post in May.

You can now simply ask Optoma to send you the latest version (still C04):

http://www.optomausa.com/support/firmwareupgrade.aspx 

HDPioneer and rds0811 like this.
post #23 of 31 Old 10-20-2013, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabell View Post

In case anyone locates this thread while looking for HD25LV info, firmware
accessibility may have changed since the last post in May.
You can now simply ask Optoma to send you the latest version (still C04):
http://www.optomausa.com/support/firmwareupgrade.aspx 

I just used that page to download firmware for my HD25 and the download included C06.
HDPioneer likes this.
post #24 of 31 Old 10-22-2013, 08:55 AM

Yes, finally Optoma contacted me and the new firmware is indeed C06, BUT how the hell I suppose to install it with Mac?

I tried with Crossover with no luck...
post #25 of 31 Old 10-22-2013, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keisari View Post

Yes, finally Optoma contacted me and the new firmware is indeed C06, BUT how the hell I suppose to install it with Mac?

I tried with Crossover with no luck...
send it in or find a friend with a laptop? take it to the library and us a public pc smile.gif In all seriousness though Macs have limited support compared to pc's and this may just be one of those times....If I had a nickel everytime I had to hear complaints about one of the printers I service not being supported by MAC well.....I'd have about $1.00 since I dont run across that many macs in the engineering, architect or even as many in the graphic arts industry as you would think and most of those printer support them.
post #26 of 31 Old 10-26-2013, 08:35 PM

Anyone getting vertical lines on screen after c06 firmware update? Need to reset from service menu? How?
post #27 of 31 Old 10-26-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwn1 View Post

Anyone getting vertical lines on screen after c06 firmware update? Need to reset from service menu? How?

I haven't noticed anything different after updating.
post #28 of 31 Old 10-27-2013, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwn1 View Post

Problem solved. I pressed on the casing, pushed against the lens and the lines disappeared. Think it's a loose connection inside. Could also b when doing firmware update I pushed the USB cable in from the back and it gently moved the DMD chip connector.
post #29 of 31 Old 10-27-2013, 07:59 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
The HD25 (not e) seems brighter after update to C06. Anyone else notice that? That's of course after I apply same settings.
post #30 of 31 Old 03-25-2014, 05:46 PM

Just to follow up this old thread..

I have a HD25e and was searching for how to access the service menu. Thanks for all the advice above. On mine the sequence is PWR OFF (once) then UP, DOWN, MENU. If you scroll down the menu to Test Patterns and ENTER, then pressing MENU again from in the test patterns will bring up the extended service menu.

I also DL'd the firmware update from Optoma, its C04. I will install it when I take the projector down to replace the color wheel.

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma Hd25 Hd 3d Home Theater Projector , Optoma Hd25 Lv 3d Home Theater Projector

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page