Cinego D-1000, snowy picture - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-28-2013, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everybody. 1st post smile.gif
My brother recently gave me his old projector because it wouldnt work. I figured maybe i can take a crack at it but im actually kind of stumped as well. According to google, this is a DLP projector. My knowledge of DLP TVs (limited as it is) has me thinking about lots of ltitle mirrors in the lamp. Well, my brother told me the projector fell of a chair and hit the ground and hasnt worked since. it projects a well lit image still and the dvd player and speakers on it worked fine when i tested it, but the picture doesnt change. No matter what, its the same still snowy picture. DLP bulb with broken mirors inside pops into my head as a possible problem. Would a bulb (lamp only or lamp+housing?) replacement on this fix the problem? Thanks for your help guys, i appreciate it. A picture is attached.

IMAG2381.jpg 2157k .jpg file l

ink to description
http://www.projectorcentral.com/Radio_Shack-Cinego_D-1000.htm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG2381.jpg (2.11 MB, 11 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-28-2013, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
First, if you have ANYTHING on the screen, the lamp is fine. It's ONLY function is to provide light and it's doing that, so don't waste your time or money on a new one.

Second, those tiny mirrors you read about (actually, there are hundreds of thousands of them, they're microscopic) are NOT in the lamp. They are part of the imaging chip. And that looks like where the problem is. Hard to tell from the image, but it appears that the imaging display chip has been damaged by the fall and many of those tiny mirrors are stuck on. Either that or the image processor has failed.

Repairing it would involve replacing the optical engine. The problem with that is those assemblies are VERY expensive in ANY projector, add to that...there are NO parts available for that projector.

Read the 4th review in this thread....

http://reviews.cnet.com/home-theater-projectors/radioshack-cinego-d-1000/4852-7858_7-31423800.html

Sorry, but it's dumpster fodder.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-31-2013, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
That answers my question. Thanks for the insight!
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page