Epson 5020 Discount Rebates & Promotions? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-30-2013, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So I'd really like to buy the Epson 5020 but just can't bring myself to pay $2600 dollars. Recently the Panny 8000 has been at a reduced price of $2400 and it's a tempting option.

My question is, what is Epson's history in regards to Discounts Rebates and Promotions with other high end models and this one?

Since the Epson 5020 has been released, has there been any Discount, ect.?

With the Epson 5010 or 5020 can people post a discount, promotion or rebate they received when they bought their unit and what was the time frame?

My ultimate goal is to figure out when we might see a price markdown or promotion on the 5020 in the near future so I can buy this unit?

EPSON PLEASE LOWER THE PRICE TO $2400 SO I CAN BUY ONE TODAY!!!

If you feel the same way I do about needing a slight discount or promotion and are ready to pull the trigger if we get one, feel free to voice your thoughts. Maybe Epson will hear us and offer some sort of spring discount. wink.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-30-2013, 01:06 PM

Liked: 24
The Panasonic 8K has not been reduced to 2400. All authorized retailers can only go down at low as 2600 right now. Just give them a call and ask if you don't believe me.

Sure, you can get the Panasonic 8K for $2400 from smaller non-authorized retailers but then you only get a 2 year warranty, and no 3D glasses.

The Epson 5020 is $2600 but that includes a 3 year warranty and 2 pairs of 3D glasses.

The best deal you can get for the Panasonic 8K is from a place like projectorpeople for $2600. But then you send in the UPC to Panasonic and get $100 back as well as an upgraded 3 years warranty and 2 pairs of 3d glasses. So it's really just $100 cheaper than the Epson.

Epson Pros:
Brighter in dynamic (good for 3d)
Better black levels
Better warranty (if you use more than 1000hr/yr)

Epson Cons:
Screen Door Effect
High input lag (bad for gaming)

Panasonic Pros:
Low input lag
Smoothscreen technology

Panasonic Cons:
Worse blacks levels than Epson
Worse warranty (if you use more than 1000hr/yr)

That's how I see it at least.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-30-2013, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
3 year warranty u sure, I thought that was only the 6020. Anyway regardless of the panny Id just like to know if and when we might expect discounts from Epson. Previous 5010 history might be helpful.
post #4 of 4 Old 03-30-2013, 07:45 PM

Liked: 24
You were right. The 5020 is 2 years and the 6020 is 3 years. The Panasonic with the promotion is 3 years or 3000 hours whichever comes first. For some that will shorten it a lot. For me I choose the Panasonic because I game and need the low lag. I also only use roughly 1000 hours a year on my projector, so the Panasonic warranty will last me longer.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page