post #721 of 1084 Old 03-11-2014, 04:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by trenier View Post

I really want to use the X105-RF-X1 with the Mit HC7900, it's possible with another emitter?

It's my understanding that Tiger Direct includes Xpand glasses with what looks to be a Mits emitter with this projector, so I would expect that combination to work. As expensive as the Mits emitters are by themselves, I've thought about buying another 7900 from them just for the glasses and emitter and resell the PJ. If I have to send my current 7900 in for repair, I might just do that anyway to also eliminate downtime.

Chad Varnadore <><
ex-armchair quarterback
Our HT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 1084 Old 03-11-2014, 04:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well got back my projector today and I guess it is all fixed. I guess one of the connectors for the fan 1 was loose. They reseated the connection and all is well. Guess I will run through my tests but hoping it will work fine.
post #723 of 1084 Old 03-11-2014, 05:39 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Varnadore View Post

It's my understanding that Tiger Direct includes Xpand glasses with what looks to be a Mits emitter with this projector, so I would expect that combination to work. As expensive as the Mits emitters are by themselves, I've thought about buying another 7900 from them just for the glasses and emitter and resell the PJ. If I have to send my current 7900 in for repair, I might just do that anyway to also eliminate downtime.

Maybe the Tiger DIrect sells the glasses X105-IR-X1, which uses infra red technology.
My question is if someone could modify the Xpand or optoma emitter to work with X105-RF-X1, which uses radio frequency technology.
Likewise they made the change in the optoma cable emitter, would be possible to modify Xpand to work with MIT HC7900 in Radio frequency mode?
If I'm not mistaken this model is used with the new line of JVC projectors.

I looking forward to see if somebody have a solution, because this Xpand X105-RF-X1 looks the best glasses avaiable on the market, maybe in the same league of the Volfoni 3DGE VR.
http://www.volfoni.com/en/products/active/glasses/edge-vr
fredwi likes this.
post #724 of 1084 Old 03-11-2014, 08:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 48
The Xpand X105-RF-X1 are blue tooth glasses and will not work with the optoma emitter, the Xpand blue tooth emitter does have ghosting problems. I have seen on eBay third party blue tooth emitters that may work better but they also are between $75 and $250.
trenier likes this.

Smart enough to know better, to old to care
post #725 of 1084 Old 03-11-2014, 08:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 140
If I understand correctly (And fairly sure I do), then the user "BLee0120" is just using the Monster 3D RF emitter with the cable fix on his Mits hc8000. All you need is to buy a cable and then re-splice it, very simple. Some of us already have Monster 3D glasses and emitter I suppose, but many of you do not.

I would guess many RF emitters might work with the Mits, as many are standard Chinese Issue so to speak. You'll just have to do that cable patch thing which is discussed more in the other two threads (hc7800 and hc8000)...

Quick and Easy Shelf Mount Method for both one projector or dual stacks

Web Calculator v023 & v025
- Quick Peak at the new upcoming calculator
**Current Projector Calculator** -- http://www.eliteprojectorcalculator.com

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

post #726 of 1084 Old 03-11-2014, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekbones View Post

The Xpand X105-RF-X1 are blue tooth glasses and will not work with the optoma emitter, the Xpand blue tooth emitter does have ghosting problems. I have seen on eBay third party blue tooth emitters that may work better but they also are between $75 and $250.

Looking the description of the manufacturer I found this.
Two Models — Two Types of 3D Synchronization

XPAND 3D Glasses Lite IR (X105-IR-X1) and XPAND 3D Glasses Lite RF (X105-RF-X1) are high quality active 3D glasses, that enable you to watch 3D on any display device that uses either Infrared (IR) or Radio Frequency Synchronization.
The XPAND 3D Glasses Lite RF are compatible with any 3D device bearing the logo of Full HD 3D and equipped with internal or external Radio Frequency (for example Bluetooth®) emitter2.

I looking forward to see if somebody can do some magic here and, make the MIt + X105-RF-X1 work together.
post #727 of 1084 Old 03-11-2014, 09:45 PM

Good news and Bad news:

Received my HC7900DW Today! Rock! smile.gif

Unfortunately it was D.O.A. ... Booo!! mad.gif

Replaced my inFocus projector. Plugged in the Mits power and the existing HDMI. Powered up the receiver, PS3 and 7900. Had an image for about two minutes... Then the image flickered frantically, and the projector went dark. (flickered for about 5 seconds). Then the indicator lights started blinking in a cycle: The Power blinked Red to Green (never off), and the Red synced with the Status Light (on) which was cycling 3 Green (on & off) and 1 Red (on & off).

frown.gif

Tried Calling Mitsubishi, but the Projector support hours are 5am-3pm EST???
Guess I'll have to try chatting with them tomorrow.

I'm guessing it'll have to get shipped right back out.

QUESTION: for those that have had to ship theirs back, what all did you need to send in? Just the projector? Any cords? Everything?

I ordered and received the HC7900DW with the Emitter and 2 pairs of 3D IR Glasses (X105-IR-X1)

- Berbs
post #728 of 1084 Old 03-11-2014, 10:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Exchange it with the vendor first if the Vendor lets you, though they will probably tell you to call Mits and then Mits will contact the vendor on your behalf. That is the way it used to work with Mits several years ago (I exchanged a Mits hc4000 a couple times), but not sure about now.

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

post #729 of 1084 Old 03-12-2014, 09:01 AM

B&H ran out of stock and Newegg promotion for this projector is ending 3/13.
post #730 of 1084 Old 03-12-2014, 09:46 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosha View Post

B&H ran out of stock and Newegg promotion for this projector is ending 3/13.

I ordered from B&H a couple of days ago. I'm glad I didn't wait. Being delivered today.
post #731 of 1084 Old 03-12-2014, 11:32 AM

Does anybody see some light spill from the area where the zoom ring is? Is this normal?
post #732 of 1084 Old 03-12-2014, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosha View Post

Does anybody see some light spill from the area where the zoom ring is? Is this normal?

Yes and Yes.
post #733 of 1084 Old 03-12-2014, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Murphy View Post

I ordered from B&H a couple of days ago. I'm glad I didn't wait. Being delivered today.

Same here, ordered from B&H yesterday and luckily I see it already shipped, so got in just in time.

This was a steal, I wasn't even planning on buying this PJ, but at $799 it's so low I can resell it later for the same or more.

post #734 of 1084 Old 03-12-2014, 04:01 PM

So is this the projector to get for under 1k right now as they are blowing them out? Better than the W1070 and HD131XE? I like DLP look and like better black levels and the fact it does 3D is a nice to. Mostly Movies some 3D movies some sports and TV and games.
Thanks
post #735 of 1084 Old 03-12-2014, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member

If you can still get any under $900, most places are out of stock. I'd hurry as it's a steal. I wouldn't bother with the bundle though just to get the emitter for the extra money, because a different glasses emitter combo will likely work best.

Depends on your screen size first, but for smaller screens this projector should look better. I've seen many of these lower-end projectors, so I will post my comments in a review this upcoming Wed.
It has better blacks than those two, so yah I'd get this one over those. This was originally a $1500 to $2200 projector most of its life span.

post #736 of 1084 Old 03-12-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderguy View Post

If you can still get any under $900, most places are out of stock. I'd hurry as it's a steal. I wouldn't bother with the bundle though just to get the emitter for the extra money, because a different glasses emitter combo will likely work best.

Depends on your screen size first, but for smaller screens this projector should look better. I've seen many of these lower-end projectors, so I will post my comments in a review this upcoming Wed.
It has better blacks than those two, so yah I'd get this one over those. This was originally a $1500 to $2200 projector most of its life span.

I just ordered it from Newegg. Thanks

I am curious what screen you would recommend. My friend went from an electric 120" Elite white screen and color was way off on his LG CF181D to a SI white screen and it was night and day for the color accuracy. I was shocked. Looking forward to your review.
post #737 of 1084 Old 03-12-2014, 04:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Depends on the room conditions for the screen, is it a completely dedicated room with all black walls and ceilings?

post #738 of 1084 Old 03-12-2014, 04:40 PM

Full light control not a walk out basement but whiteish walls and ceiling.
post #739 of 1084 Old 03-12-2014, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

I would pin black curtains and sheets to the sides and ceiling (or buy a treatment) or paint the walls and ceilings, but if you cannot do any of this, then get the HP 2.4 gain screen because it helps maintain contrast on the screen when the room isn't black.
Otherwise I am not sure the best budget screen to pair with this projector.

post #740 of 1084 Old 03-12-2014, 07:41 PM

I would only think you'd need that kind of gain with a very large screen. This projector is plenty bright enough for my 96" DW 1.1 gain "screen " with any type of light control. I don't mean to use it in a room with the sun coming through Windows glaring off the screen, but in a standard room with a couple lamps on it is more than adequate.
post #741 of 1084 Old 03-12-2014, 08:16 PM
AVS Special Member

I generally prefer all the gain I can muster to help 3D. Lamps lose a lot of brightness after 500-1000 hours. You can use an ND filter if its too bright even in low lamp mode.

If you ceiling mount the projector, the HP screen will only give about 1.1 to 1.3 gain at best. If you mount it below the screen, it will be closer to your viewing position and gives about 1.8 gain.
I will be ceiling mounting this PJ, as floor mounting is difficult due to it needing to be in the center. To floor mount you need spaced out chairs instead of recliner or chairs blocking the projector beam.

Nah, the gain works good as the lamp ages and it makes 3D better.

I used a Benq w7000 with my HP screen and it's mounted much lower to give about 1.6 gain, but the Benq has the advantage of having a manual IRIS to control the brightness so you can never really have it too bright with the Benq as its fully adjustable. My Benq w7000 lamp has lasted me 7,500 hours, and only lasted that long because I used an HP screen, so I save money on lamp costs.

post #742 of 1084 Old 03-12-2014, 10:11 PM

Quote:

I generally prefer all the gain I can muster to help 3D. Lamps lose a lot of brightness after 500-1000 hours. You can use an ND filter if its too bright even in low lamp mode.

If you ceiling mount the projector, the HP screen will only give about 1.1 to 1.3 gain at best. If you mount it below the screen, it will be closer to your viewing position and gives about 1.8 gain.
I will be ceiling mounting this PJ, as floor mounting is difficult due to it needing to be in the center. To floor mount you need spaced out chairs instead of recliner or chairs blocking the projector beam.

Nah, the gain works good as the lamp ages and it makes 3D better.

I used a Benq w7000 with my HP screen and it's mounted much lower to give about 1.6 gain, but the Benq has the advantage of having a manual IRIS to control the brightness so you can never really have it too bright with the Benq as its fully adjustable. My Benq w7000 lamp has lasted me 7,500 hours, and only lasted that long because I used an HP screen, so I save money on lamp costs.

I figured if you are seated and your eyes are 43" off the ground the projector is mounted on the ceiling if the screen was a mirror you would be looking into the projector lens I figured that would give you the brightest picture. But the way you explain it its the opposite.

When you say HP screen do you mean High powered or HP brand? Who's screen would you recommend? Link?
post #743 of 1084 Old 03-12-2014, 10:21 PM
AVS Special Member

I am speaking of the Da-Lite High Power 2.4 gain material, we call it the HP screen for short.

Only certain screens, known as retro-reflective (such as the HP is), have large gain variances depending where you are sitting in relation to the projector's height. Well some non-retro screens have some variance, but its mild compared to this type. To get the most gain out of this screen, you have to be sitting with your eyes level to the center of the screen.

I am not an expert on screens, some of them are VERY expensive, many people recommend Stewart screens, but those cost double to triple what this projector costs. I think you will have a hard time beating a Da-Lite screen for budget purposes, but I could be wrong. A lot of people pick an Elite screen, not sure to be honest. Never compared screens that much.

post #744 of 1084 Old 03-12-2014, 11:34 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrig View Post

I'm happy to report I found a fix for the jerky pans.

I was playing around with the settings, and changed Aspect Ratio from "Auto" to "16:9" - and that fixed it!

Weird, huh.
Well, turns out this wasn't the fix. Tried watching again tonight, it's nauseating once again. I noticed the DVR remote wasn't working well, the 3D emitter was on...tried a few different shows, but it wouldn't turn off. Unplugged it, and voila, nice smooth picture again. So maybe this is the fix. Not ideal, but do-able.

"It's an invention, and it makes Non-Stop Rocking possible!"
post #745 of 1084 Old 03-13-2014, 07:12 AM

Liked: 20
Quote:

I am speaking of the Da-Lite High Power 2.4 gain material, we call it the HP screen for short.

Only certain screens, known as retro-reflective (such as the HP is), have large gain variances depending where you are sitting in relation to the projector's height. Well some non-retro screens have some variance, but its mild compared to this type. To get the most gain out of this screen, you have to be sitting with your eyes level to the center of the screen.

I am not an expert on screens, some of them are VERY expensive, many people recommend Stewart screens, but those cost double to triple what this projector costs. I think you will have a hard time beating a Da-Lite screen for budget purposes, but I could be wrong. A lot of people pick an Elite screen, not sure to be honest. Never compared screens that much.

I have a budget fixed 1.8 grey fixed elite-screen (~$300). I liked it until yesterday, it appears as tho the finish has somehow peeled off in a spot about the size of a dime... just "appeared". I haven't really looked into it, but I live alone, the screen wasn't damaged in any way. It's about 2 yrs old.

Anyway I had a plain white 1.0 gain screen before then I went a DIY route with "silver fire" or something I forget but it's from a thread on this forum. Had some sparkling so I went to this screen 1.8 grey screen. I've always had 100% light control.

I'm with Coderguy, I'll always get a higher gain screen despite "industry recommendations". When I replace this I will go with a higher gain.... not because this projector isn't bright enough, it's just much easier to deal with too much brightness than a lack of it.

post #746 of 1084 Old 03-13-2014, 09:02 AM

I ordered mine and ship from Amazon official site. I also received the Xpand 3d Glasses Lite IR (model X105-M1).

Hope they can work well!

[URL=http://www.myav.com.tw/bbs/showthread.php?s=&threadid=246249]MyAVtheater@MyAV[/URL]

[URL=http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=348&t=3791378&p=1]@mobile01[/URL]
ONKYO TX-NR5008/BDP-S780/Mitsubishi HC7900DW
FRONT/CANTER: KLIPSCH KL-650-THX-R / L
SURROUND : KLIPSCH KS-525-THX
SURROUND...

post #747 of 1084 Old 03-13-2014, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 46
If Mitsubishi is clearing these out, because they're getting out of the pj business, I would assume that when the current promotion expires, the remaining stock would be reduced even further, that the deadline on the promotion is just marketing to encourage people to buy now. Am I missing something?

Chad Varnadore <><
ex-armchair quarterback
Our HT
post #748 of 1084 Old 03-13-2014, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Varnadore View Post

If Mitsubishi is clearing these out, because they're getting out of the pj business, I would assume that when the current promotion expires, the remaining stock would be reduced even further, that the deadline on the promotion is just marketing to encourage people to buy now. Am I missing something?

Or they'll be shipped back and used for replacement units for warranty/etc...
post #749 of 1084 Old 03-13-2014, 11:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berbs42 View Post

Good news and Bad news:

Received my HC7900DW Today! Rock! smile.gif

Unfortunately it was D.O.A. ... Booo!! mad.gif

Replaced my inFocus projector. Plugged in the Mits power and the existing HDMI. Powered up the receiver, PS3 and 7900. Had an image for about two minutes... Then the image flickered frantically, and the projector went dark. (flickered for about 5 seconds). Then the indicator lights started blinking in a cycle: The Power blinked Red to Green (never off), and the Red synced with the Status Light (on) which was cycling 3 Green (on & off) and 1 Red (on & off).

frown.gif

Tried Calling Mitsubishi, but the Projector support hours are 5am-3pm EST???
Guess I'll have to try chatting with them tomorrow.

I'm guessing it'll have to get shipped right back out.

QUESTION: for those that have had to ship theirs back, what all did you need to send in? Just the projector? Any cords? Everything?

I ordered and received the HC7900DW with the Emitter and 2 pairs of 3D IR Glasses (X105-IR-X1)

- Berbs

I just sent in the Projector. I used the original box since it is already outfitted with the Styrofoam to keep it protected. You don't have to, but I did so that it would minimize damage on the way to Seattle and back. Yeah, the hours of operations kinda stinks. I always called on my lunch hour.
post #750 of 1084 Old 03-13-2014, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 169
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Mitsubishi Hc7900dw Home Theater 3d Projector , Mitsubishi Hc4000 300 Inch 1080p Front Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page