post #1081 of 1082 Old Yesterday, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by kopkiwi View Post
I had a quick look at it just sitting on the couch and it definitely as a crisper, cleaner image compared with the Epson 5010
That's because it's a single chip DLP, while the Epson uses 3 LCD panels, which cannot be converged perfectly (close to but not perfect). The 5010 does have noticeably better contrast and is much brighter especially for 3D. On the other hand the 7900 is far superior overall for 3D due to a lack of ghosting and it has probably the only useable built-in 2D to 3D converter of any projector. It also has a great CFI system that can be used in 3D mode for blur and judder-free 3D.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1082 of 1082 Old Yesterday, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
That's because it's a single chip DLP, while the Epson uses 3 LCD panels, which cannot be converged perfectly (close to but not perfect). The 5010 does have noticeably better contrast and is much brighter especially for 3D. On the other hand the 7900 is far superior overall for 3D due to a lack of ghosting and it has probably the only useable built-in 2D to 3D converter of any projector. It also has a great CFI system that can be used in 3D mode for blur and judder-free 3D.
YEp, after playing around with it some more, I've managed to rig something up that allows me to watch it perfectly, so I am going to keep this projector.

ONly problem is, like I said on the previous page, it cuts in and out when watching Television...anyone know why?
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Mitsubishi Hc7900dw Home Theater 3d Projector , Mitsubishi Hc4000 300 Inch 1080p Front Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page