LG PA75U -Anybody else own one of LG's Abandoned Children? - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 420 Old 05-12-2013, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Please help, I'm new to projectors and I bought the LG PA75U from Best Buy, the picture looks incredible and there are no focus issues so far, but there is a quiet but somewhat noticeable constant buzzing sound and it only starts when the light shines through the projector. It's not the fans because I opened the top and checked them, also unplugged them one by one to make sure so it's definitely not the fans.

Maybe this buzzing sound is normal?

It's kind of quiet and doesn't really affect my viewing, also it definitely starts only when the led lamp turns on, I just want to check to make sure that it's not something that might cause an issue after a while.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 420 Old 05-12-2013, 03:02 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

Charles,

It most certainly does have the Full CMS (LUM/SAT/HUE for RGBCMY) and it is available via HDMI (heck it even has a 20 point greyscale)...

So it must be something with your gear, sorry.

Jason

Jason,

Can you do me a favor and test the RGB in for "Color Management"? I tested a second laptop with it and still no "color management" love — it becomes grayed out within a few seconds of the projector recognizing the input. If you have CM via RGB then it's gotta be the projector. . . . I would think. Nonetheless I'll call LG to see if they know of a bug or something.
Thanks again!
post #93 of 420 Old 05-12-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru64 View Post

Please help, I'm new to projectors and I bought the LG PA75U from Best Buy, the picture looks incredible and there are no focus issues so far, but there is a quiet but somewhat noticeable constant buzzing sound and it only starts when the light shines through the projector. It's not the fans because I opened the top and checked them, also unplugged them one by one to make sure so it's definitely not the fans.

It's kind of quiet and doesn't really affect my viewing, also it definitely starts only when the led lamp turns on, I just want to check to make sure that it's not something that might cause an issue after a while.

I get different buzzing sounds depending on the settings tongue.gif

I kid you not. Setting the color temp to "purity" gives a noticeable electronic buzz while other settings give different sounds. IMHO this is generally normal. All electronics make some noise unless you are going with extreme quality parts, but others may have a different opinion. Jason has had enough of these LG projectors that he would know with more certainty.
post #94 of 420 Old 05-12-2013, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesZ7 View Post

I kid you not. Setting the color temp to "purity" gives a noticeable electronic buzz while other settings give different sounds. IMHO this is generally normal. All electronics make some noise unless you are going with extreme quality parts, but others may have a different opinion. Jason has had enough of these LG projectors that he would know with more certainty.

Thank you so much!

I'll try changing the color temp to test the buzzing level, and I hope this guy Jason would also enlighten us on this matter a little.

This projector is simply crazy good and I'm constantly amazed at the picture quality. smile.gif
post #95 of 420 Old 05-12-2013, 04:16 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:

my 2 cents....I've owned a few PA70's and a few 300T's none had any buzzing sounds other than the sounds of the fans, the PA70's is essentially the same projector I think, but any kind of buzzing would worry me personally, one thing I did notice was an almost inaudible hum when using the headphones with sounds level @ zero. it might be normal but it would bother me since I'm too damn picky for my own good. The good news is that it comes with a 2 yr warranty, and I'd call call LG and report it, and keep records of you communication with them.
post #96 of 420 Old 05-12-2013, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garibay_2004 View Post

my 2 cents....I've owned a few PA70's and a few 300T's none had any buzzing sounds other than the sounds of the fans, the PA70's is essentially the same projector I think, but any kind of buzzing would worry me personally, one thing I did notice was an almost inaudible hum when using the headphones with sounds level @ zero. it might be normal but it would bother me since I'm too damn picky for my own good. The good news is that it comes with a 2 yr warranty, and I'd call call LG and report it, and keep records of you communication with them.
Quote:

I can confirm that the buzzing level slightly changes when I change the color temperature settings, so it's exactly the same as what happens with CharlesZ7's PA75U. Hopefully it's nothing serious then, but more thoughts about this are greatly appreciated!

A shot of the picture quality with my PA75U:

smile.gif
post #97 of 420 Old 05-13-2013, 07:09 AM

Got through to LG "computer products customer support" and the person I spoke with stated he knows this model well and that the HDMI input should have "color management" available! He has never heard of such an issue with this model and no bugs of such via software thus it most likely is a hardware problem and to replace it.

Thanks again to Jason for his help!

However, LG, like most tech companies, could have saved me some frustration here by have clear documentation instead of the standard "may vary by input" garbage!

Update

This little guy is turning into a real pain. NewEgg (limited exchange) policy on such items is aparently, send in the bad one, we'll take a look at it and test it, then send you a new one and if you get that before the 30 day limit you MIGHT be able to test it and if there is a problem you MIGHT be able to get an exchange, In other words, if you get a lemon don't bother us with it.. Luckily the customer service agent was nice enough to do a new purchase and will refund that one once they get the current unit back. . . I think. So that will give us a little more time to check the next one out for defects. Seriously don't think I'll ever bother with a newegg limited exchange item again — to many companies have a high defective rate to bother with these kind of exchange issues.
post #98 of 420 Old 05-13-2013, 01:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 153
I'll look into the buzzing (on my unit) here in a bit Guru (via your PM). wink.gif

I'll come back and just edit this post...

*EDIT:

There is a very slight buzz that is most audible near the focus dial, it's easier to hear it with Energy Savings on Maximum.

On my unit the intensity of the buzz does not change with Energy Savings mode (so it does not ramp up with the fans/power to LED's) nor does it change at various color temperature pre-sets.

Jason
post #99 of 420 Old 05-13-2013, 08:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Do you guys think it's the new hardware in the pa75u that is causing the problems. And is it nit-picking or a real concern, from your standpoint.

Also, many of us would like mini-reviews sharing about 3D options and how it works , comparing it to the pa70g.

Also, how are the smart apps and how does the antenna that comes with the unit work, and did you hook it up to cable, or outside antenna. Does it scan channels quickly. How is the picture.

Is the border some of you guys are writing about, do you all have the same border around image, or is it PC related.

Some that have had both the pa70g and the pa75u, can you do comparision, and is the upgrade to pa75u worth it, or should the rest of us wait, because their may be hardware problems (hum), or border issues.

The PA75u does sound like a "breakthrough LED PJ", so give your mini-reviews.
Thanks!smile.gif
post #100 of 420 Old 05-13-2013, 09:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quick shot of the 'HOME' screen...

Jason
post #101 of 420 Old 05-13-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:

I'll look into the buzzing (on my unit) here in a bit Guru (via your PM). wink.gif

I'll come back and just edit this post...

*EDIT:

There is a very slight buzz that is most audible near the focus dial, it's easier to hear it with Energy Savings on Maximum.

On my unit the intensity of the buzz does not change with Energy Savings mode (so it does not ramp up with the fans/power to LED's) nor does it change at various color temperature pre-sets.

Jason

I see, I guess for me it's slightly more noticeable but it sounds like it's part of the mechanics so that's good news.
post #102 of 420 Old 05-14-2013, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgtaa View Post

Do you guys think it's the new hardware in the pa75u that is causing the problems. And is it nit-picking or a real concern, from your standpoint.

Also, many of us would like mini-reviews sharing about 3D options and how it works , comparing it to the pa70g.

Also, how are the smart apps and how does the antenna that comes with the unit work, and did you hook it up to cable, or outside antenna. Does it scan channels quickly. How is the picture.

Is the border some of you guys are writing about, do you all have the same border around image, or is it PC related.

Some that have had both the pa70g and the pa75u, can you do comparision, and is the upgrade to pa75u worth it, or should the rest of us wait, because their may be hardware problems (hum), or border issues.

The PA75u does sound like a "breakthrough LED PJ", so give your mini-reviews.
Thanks!smile.gif

Seems all projector models have their own issues. IMHO it's the reality of modern cheap manufacturing, especially when "made in China." Companies, generally speaking, when going the "made in China" route are looking for lowest cost and therefore often use the lowest cost parts as well, thus a higher percentage of defective units. That's one reason to buy at a place where they have great return/exchange policies. As far as "problems" in this model I'm not really hearing anything consistent. Jason has an odd border, we have an HDMI issue, and some are hearing more electronic buzzing than others. . . maybe — I've always heard buzzing in electronics when I put my ear close to any electronic item, generally speaking. So, there's a difference between a little electronic noise that is most likely normal and "electronic buzzing" that is indicative of a problem.

3D - haven't tried yet. We really don't care much for it.

Smart apps are. . . well, pretty non-existent. Much better to get an Android TV box/stick or something similar.

My image border is the same all the way around and for every input I've tried. Nothing to be alarmed about. Jason's sounds a little odd.

TV tuner seems very good IMO. Only tested with the included indoor antenna and it picked up something like 40 channels. . .

IMHO I really don't see the added features on this thing as "worth it." We got this one because it was cheaper than the PA70G which is getting hard to find and Fry's last sale was in store only (we don't have one around here) as it is being discontinued, and the PB60G was said, by reviewers, to not be that good and we really wanted as many lumens as possible smile.gif. The main issue with these added features, for me, is the lack of a good audio output — two channel headphone jack just isn't good enough for streaming movies or playing them off the USB. Therefore we will be using HDMI via a PC thus the PC has more features tongue.gif
post #103 of 420 Old 05-14-2013, 10:31 AM

Well after having more fun with this projector I have come up with a few questions that concern me, I would be very grateful for any replies.

1. If I use the projector with only minimum energy savings for about 6 hours per day, then how many years until the LED's brightness starts to deteriorate? Or is LG's "up to 30000 hours" spec saying that the picture will stay the same quality or brightness until the 30000 mark?

2. Also would it risk the life span of the fans? Since at the "minimum" setting they'll be working a lot faster.

3. Is it even safe to use the minimum energy savings for the entire lifespan of the projector?

One thing I noticed is that with minimum energy savings the PJ itself stays cooler since the fans are actually working faster to keep the LEDs cool.
post #104 of 420 Old 05-14-2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:

One thing I noticed is that with minimum energy savings the PJ itself stays cooler since the fans are actually working faster to keep the LEDs cool.

I don't really know the answers to your first three questions. My guess is you may be as low at 10,000 hours with full brightness mode, but that is a guess. And I would assume that the fan lifespan would be shortened due to working that hard all the time however, I would think a decent fan would last easily 10K hours. Personally, I figured/hoped to get about 10-15K hours out of the projector by which time I'm sure there will be even better LED projectors for less. Therefore, for the $580 we spent for it I figured that that's pretty equivalent to two bulbs on the BenQ W1070, and I don't really have to worry about the light engine dimming very much nor constantly calibrating due to the bulb changing. . . etc. — just my rambling thoughts smile.gif

Have you tried turning on "high altitude" to increase the fan speed? Ours blows out barely warm air when set to max eco + high altitude on.
post #105 of 420 Old 05-14-2013, 10:56 AM

Quote:

Have you tried turning on "high altitude" to increase the fan speed? Ours blows out barely warm air when set to max eco + high altitude on.

Thanks for that tip! I will definitely try using the "high altitude" option but with medium eco.
Quote:

I don't really know the answers to your first three questions. My guess is you may be as low at 10,000 hours with full brightness mode, but that is a guess. And I would assume that the fan lifespan would be shortened due to working that hard all the time however, I would think a decent fan would last easily 10K hours. Personally, I figured/hoped to get about 10-15K hours out of the projector by which time I'm sure there will be even better LED projectors for less. Therefore, for the $580 we spent for it I figured that that's pretty equivalent to two bulbs on the BenQ W1070, and I don't really have to worry about the light engine dimming very much nor constantly calibrating due to the bulb changing. . . etc. — just my rambling thoughts smile.gif

Yeah I was hoping the picture brightness would stay the same for longer than 10,000 hours with the minimum eco so I guess it might not be a good option for long term usage.

Still I hope that with the "high altitude" settings the fans last longer than 10,000 hours.
post #106 of 420 Old 05-14-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:

Thanks for that tip! I will definitely try using the "high altitude" option but with medium eco.
Yeah I was hoping the picture brightness would stay the same for longer than 10,000 hours with the minimum eco so I guess it might not be a good option for long term usage.

Still I hope that with the "high altitude" settings the fans last longer than 10,000 hours.

I wouldn't worry about the fans at all. They look like easily replaceable inexpensive fans, three of them. However, you could always extend the warranty if you didn't get an extra year via cc — I think I'll be more than ready for an upgrade within three years biggrin.gif

I've heard different things about the long term brightness. Some of the hybrid projectors (laser + LED) had some issues maintaining brightness however, I think a lot of that had to do with the lasers. I've also heard that LED projectors will maintain near full brightness till nearly the end of their bulb life Others say it may decrease as much as 40% but that decrease is much more gradual and weighted toward the end of life. All in all my understanding is it will be a very gradual reduction weighted heavily on the last 25% of life.

As far as the 10K hrs for minimum eco, that's just a guess. If we went off normal projectors we would probably estimate around 20K hours.

Example:
The BenQ W1070
Normal Mode: 3500 hrs
ECO Mode: 5000 hrs
Smart Eco Mode: 6000 hrs (TBD)

Notice the "TBD" rolleyes.gif — in other words the new "smart eco mode" is an unknow — just a side track. OH, and we should always remember most companies don't warranty their bulbs past 90 days or 500 hours, whichever comes first. The LEDs in this thing gets the full warranty, afaik.

That give ~58% lamp life in the brightest mode. That equates to 17400 hours for this projector.

Now, a lot of this discussion assumes that LG is saying the 30K hours is "end of life" vs "reduced to 70% capacity" — the latter is how they rate LED light bulbs (e.g. L70, L50), afaik.

Wouldn't clear documentation be great? rolleyes.gif — LG's spec sheet for this projector shows 500 lumen. . . so, who knows n:rolleyes:

I'm betting the 30K is end of life with a minimum of 15K hours regardless of mode.

Now the warranty does NOT mention hours of use or light engine life at all. . . so, don't know how they would handle someone asking for repair because it's become too dim.

Are you using it as a monitor or something that will have it on all day long every day?
post #107 of 420 Old 05-14-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:

I've also heard that LED projectors will maintain near full brightness till nearly the end of their bulb life Others say it may decrease as much as 40% but that decrease is much more gradual and weighted toward the end of life. All in all my understanding is it will be a very gradual reduction weighted heavily on the last 25% of life.

Maybe Jason can help us understand this better, it would be very nice to know wether the LEDs will maintain near full brightness for 98% of their lifespan.
Quote:

Are you using it as a monitor or something that will have it on all day long every day?

Currently I have it hooked up to my PC via VGA and I play games and watch movies that way but I don't plan on using it for more then 6 to 8 hours per day.

Also I haven't gotten an actual projection screen yet so I'm beaming it on a non-white but bright surface, and have yet to try the hdmi input. Should I be expecting a much better picture with HDMI and an actual white screen?
post #108 of 420 Old 05-14-2013, 02:29 PM

Quote:

Currently I have it hooked up to my PC via VGA and I play games and watch movies that way but I don't plan on using it for more then 6 to 8 hours per day.

Also I haven't gotten an actual projection screen yet so I'm beaming it on a non-white but bright surface, and have yet to try the hdmi input. Should I be expecting a much better picture with HDMI and an actual white screen?

That usage should give you a minimum of 3 1/2 years. . . therefore, if you plan on keeping it as long as possible I would suggest an extended warranty if you can.

Projecting on our wall doesn't look very good. It's white with a hint of yellow and that shows up a lot, not to mention the texture. We purchased a fixed screen but haven't opened it because the plans for the remodel that's taking place may have changed and will require a roll up screen. Right now we are using a DIY screen we picked up form home depot for $20 and it actually looks pretty decent. It's a peace of mdf about 1/4" thick and white on one side — looks painted. We also tried the white Sherwin Williams suggested by projectorcentral.com and it looked very good however, the BenQ W1070 was a bit bright for it (hot spot right at the lens level) and it really needs to be sprayed to get it flat enough. I think the SW paint would match up with this projector very well.

Nonetheless, yes you should notice a big difference with a decent surface.

Honestly, I didn't notice a drastic difference between HDMI and the RGB in when I tested it with "Avengers" however, the hdmi on our unit isn't quite right either. . . so don't really know, but all tests looked very similar — usb, streaming, hdmi, RGB, etc. .
post #109 of 420 Old 05-14-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:

That usage should give you a minimum of 3 1/2 years. . . therefore, if you plan on keeping it as long as possible I would suggest an extended warranty if you can.

Projecting on our wall doesn't look very good. It's white with a hint of yellow and that shows up a lot, not to mention the texture. We purchased a fixed screen but haven't opened it because the plans for the remodel that's taking place may have changed and will require a roll up screen. Right now we are using a DIY screen we picked up form home depot for $20 and it actually looks pretty decent. It's a peace of mdf about 1/4" thick and white on one side — looks painted. We also tried the white Sherwin Williams suggested by projectorcentral.com and it looked very good however, the BenQ W1070 was a bit bright for it (hot spot right at the lens level) and it really needs to be sprayed to get it flat enough. I think the SW paint would match up with this projector very well.

Nonetheless, yes you should notice a big difference with a decent surface.

Honestly, I didn't notice a drastic difference between HDMI and the RGB in when I tested it with "Avengers" however, the hdmi on our unit isn't quite right either. . . so don't really know, but all tests looked very similar — usb, streaming, hdmi, RGB, etc. .

A minimum of 3 1/2 years with my setup sounds good, and I'm looking at guides for a simple DIY screen, some say to use white cloth but I'll have to look more into it.
post #110 of 420 Old 05-14-2013, 04:30 PM

Quote:

A minimum of 3 1/2 years with my setup sounds good, and I'm looking at guides for a simple DIY screen, some say to use white cloth but I'll have to look more into it.

I did a ton of research on DIY screens because we were initially thinking of 150"+ built into a living room wall (that size screen is expensive to purchase). There's a lot of overly "opinionated" information out there. We tested nearly everything we could find between home depot & lowes — parkland polywall, melamine, and a couple others like the one we went with, as well as Kilz primer & Sherwin Williams paint.

The first question to ask yourself is, how much work do you want to do? Because you can get a decent ~100" for under $150. If you want super easy and super cheap then go with parkland polywall or the ~1/4" mdf that's white on one side at home depot, if they have it in your area. Those two look pretty good and are under $20 and all the paint suggestions are more pain than they are worth — roller marks will show easily.

Just my two cents biggrin.gif
post #111 of 420 Old 05-14-2013, 11:54 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
I wouldn't be to concerned about the life of a LED projector and the LEDs compaired to the old bulb based projectors.
Adverage use this LGPA75U will give you years of use.
The brightness of the LED or the degrading of the illumanation of the LEDs is not as much of a concern as the old bulb based projectors.
That's why people will love the new LED projectors and get away from the old bulb based projectors, no worries about the LEDs growing dim over times and no worries about bulbs.
Just enjoy your new projector and keep all the worries about the LEDs burning out and the brightness growing dim in the past.
Just keep the dust away from the LEDs, heat sinks and fans and you will be fine.
The one reason most people have not gone all LED projectors is that they are waiting for a affordable 1080P LED projector comes on the market.
A new dawn is about to be upon us soon now and we will afford a 1080P LED projector.
I have seen the Acer K750 for about $ 1000 , correct me anyone if I got that wrong.
As I said before just sit back and enjoy your projector and enjoy the cool LED techknowledgy.
As about the buzzing sounds ?
Our LGPA70G lens fix gruru on this thread from Poland can tell you about that.
post #112 of 420 Old 05-15-2013, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPProjectorfan View Post

I have seen the Acer K750 for about $ 1000 , correct me anyone if I got that wrong.

FYI. . . The Acer K750 is a hybrid LED+Laser. I wouldn't touch a hybrid at this point in time unless you really have to have those extra lumens.

I'm actually shocked that LG hasn't released a 1080p LED projector. However, like Casio, they may not feel there is a big enough marked for that — apparently we "home theater" people are less than 1 million of the ~6 million projectors sold each year. That may be due to the fact that many of us buy "business" projectors biggrin.gif
post #113 of 420 Old 05-15-2013, 07:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 30
They just want to protect their lucrative lamp based projectors so every mainstream manufacturer delays the move of LED PJ into full HD level. Really greedy business, all of them. They will milk every last bit of profit from lamp sales for as long as they can.
post #114 of 420 Old 05-15-2013, 01:21 PM

Just got and hooked up our second PA75U,

1. Better focus — focus dial is much tighter and it goes in and out of focus in both directions, though not much out in one direction.
2. HDMI/RGB inputs has same issue. No "color management" available. . . and many other settings not available.

Have to call LG again. Starting to get seriously annoying wasting time dealing with defective tech products.
post #115 of 420 Old 05-15-2013, 01:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Charles,

Are you only trying PC's?

What resolutions / refresh rates are you sending?

It's somewhat normal for RGB to not have the full CMS, many displays do that (I have not tested the PA75 with it as of yet).

Jason
post #116 of 420 Old 05-15-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:

Charles,

Are you only trying PC's?

What resolutions / refresh rates are you sending?

It's somewhat normal for RGB to not have the full CMS, many displays do that (I have not tested the PA75 with it as of yet).

Jason

Hey Jason. . you're spot on, like always wink.gif

My computer (before I seen your suggestion), when switching from laptop to laptop for testing for some odd reason went to 1280x600 and lo and behold there were the settings, all available. So I tested all the different resolutions. Most don't have many Hz options. What I found was, Color Management and other settings are ONLY available with 1080p, 720p, or 1280x600 resolutions — I really don't get that. Why they aren't available for the native resolutions really makes no sense to me unless it's a bug and both our laptops trigger that same bug.

The chromatic distortion is about the same as the first projector. Focus is good, though the image is a little lopsided, about 1/4" higher on the left — that could be the table but the other one wasn't off when sitting on the exact same spot. I can live with that, though. The focus is nice and tight so I think it won't randomly go out of focus like the last one did — it was very very easy to turn the focus wheel.

NO noticeable electronic buzzing when I change color temperature settings.

So, I'll have to live with two resolutions LOL. . . other than that seems to be OK.

Thanks Jason the suggestion and the previous info about the HDMI settings! It's much appreciated!

I think I'll call LG anyways to see if the HDMI issue is intended or a bug.
post #117 of 420 Old 05-15-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:

NO noticeable electronic buzzing when I change color temperature settings.

Are you saying that your new PA75U has no buzzing sounds at all? Could it mean then that the buzzing is some kind of defect? I might have to return it and get another one then.
post #118 of 420 Old 05-15-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:

Are you saying that your new PA75U has no buzzing sounds at all? Could it mean then that the buzzing is some kind of defect? I might have to return it and get another one then.

Yes, I can't distinguish any buzzing over the fan noise, even when set to maximum eco.

I really don't know if the buzzing is a real issue but that's up to you to decide.

On another note. Thought this new one's image was lopsided, and not checking the setting thoroughly I set out to adjust my screen and went through lots of frustration to find that, for some odd reason, the keystone was set to +2 out of the box. . .. arrrrgggggg
post #119 of 420 Old 05-15-2013, 04:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Be sure to turn off the AUTO KEYSTONE feature or moving it around will cause it to self adjust the keystone. wink.gif

Jason
post #120 of 420 Old 05-15-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:

Be sure to turn off the AUTO KEYSTONE feature or moving it around will cause it to self adjust the keystone. wink.gif

Jason

Yeah, that was a real boneheaded move on my part! biggrin.gif

Anyways, this projector seems much better — now that I've pulled my head out and got it squared to the screen.

With very similar settings I have a lot more shadow detail than before. This one looks really good! And that's pretty much just by using the wizard and a few tweaks.

I use Avengers as one of my tests. Near the very end Jackson is talking to the higher ups via video in a dark room. With this projector I can easily see the full shelf. Before I really couldn't make out much of the self with the same settings, just that there was something there, unless I really bumped up gamma/brightness/black level. . . etc. And no, it doesn't matter what resolution — even the resolutions that don't have all the settings look better at least in shadow detail, colors looked pretty good on the previous one as does this one.

smile.gif
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Lg Pa75u Dlp Home Theater Projector

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page