Some questions about building new home theatre - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-22-2013, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello
i want to build new home cinema/ theatre to watch movies(3D,2D) ,Xbox and little of TV.
and i want to connect Panasonic home theatre sound system with it.

I have some question:

1-Is 3D quality is the same to HDTV like 46" Samsung TV, Or Cinema?

2-to get good image quality : i must get 1080p or 720p is enough?

3-to watch movies : i must buy a 16:9 only or i can get 4:3 also?

4-if i want to connect the PC to projector via HDMI, how can i connect the 5.1 sound system to projector or PC to get the 5 channels?

5-to get good 3D quality: i must buy a projector with 3D sync port and no need for this port?

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013, 04:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohamedwaly View Post

Hello
i want to build new home cinema/ theatre to watch movies(3D,2D) ,Xbox and little of TV.
and i want to connect Panasonic home theatre sound system with it.

I have some question:

1-Is 3D quality is the same to HDTV like 46" Samsung TV, Or Cinema? Many variables and just like TV's some projectors do it better then others. General rule of thumb but not always true is DLP does ghost free 3D better then any other tech. Projectors in general also make a much larger screen which with 3D is key, larger is better with 3D especially.

2-to get good image quality : i must get 1080p or 720p is enough? 1080p will be sharper the larger you go. Not many 720p projectors to consider now though especially since Acer and BenQ have some very inexpensive 1080p 3D projectors out now.

3-to watch movies : i must buy a 16:9 only or i can get 4:3 also? 16:9 would be optimal but you can buy what ever you like. Cost of either is about the same. Edges not done in black will hurt perceived contrast though.

4-if i want to connect the PC to projector via HDMI, how can i connect the 5.1 sound system to projector or PC to get the 5 channels? Generally one would run the HDMI from PC to receiver and then off to projector. Deppends if yourPanasonic system is 3D capable (HDMI 1.4a) and if has a input and output HDMI.

5-to get good 3D quality: i must buy a projector with 3D sync port and no need for this port? Deppends what projector you get. Most are ready to go. Most DLP's use DLP link so need DLP link glasses. Limited DLP and every other tech LCD, LCOS etc use RF or IR signals and they are usually part of the projector and just need to buy the appropriate glasses.

Thank you