hd 52z575 power light and lamp light blinking - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 04-25-2013, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all my tv blew the ballast and the bulb. i replaced ballast with new and bulb with jvc replacement, and while i was in there i replaced all fans even the fan under the base unit. was getting an error from tv led codes blinking alternatly that indicated the temp sensor so replaced that. but still getting the same error from leds, all fans are running bulb does light up but no display and about a min later the unit shuts off, ballast and temp sensor and all fans replaced and verified runing.....any ideas.eek.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-26-2013, 11:31 AM

Liked: 16
I don't do much projector repair and am not familiar with the JVC. So the pwr and lamp lites blinked alternately before the lamp and ballast quit? Or after the ballast/lamp replace but before the fan/sensor replace? The one minute before it is now shutting down is not enough time for the temp to get out of control. Make sure the temp sensor connection is good. Also, I had a problem replacing a fan on a Hitachi front projector. Even though it was the same model replacement fan, it was a different version from the original and the fan sense out did not work the same and the projector would shut down. There could also be a problem with the sensor detect circuitry. Some of these rear projectors really suck in the dirt with no filters. It's good to clean whenever inside.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-26-2013, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the reply, the series of events went like this, the lamp and ballast blew at the same time, replaced both with new parts and replaced all the fans while i was in there. after lamp and ballast were replaced, on the next power on it started giving the led codes lamp and power led blinking alternately then i replaced the temp sensor and am still getting the same error.
post #4 of 6 Old 04-29-2013, 07:18 AM

Make sure the fans and sensors you replaced were exact replacements and the connections are good. Seems the lamp and ballast are ok since you see the lamp come on before shutdown. That is the problem with doing more than one repair at a time. You don't know which is now causing the problem. It is a hastle to have to take apart for each repair though.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-29-2013, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

yes it is a big pain to keep taking apart. the fans are replacements according to part number. the temp sensor i replaced was a pancake style number cs-7sa but there is a sensor of some kind in the air duct for the internal main case that is a small circuit board, it is defenetly for temp im assuming cause it just sits in the air channel for the squirrel cage fan for the lens itself. do ya think maybe that is the issue or the power board for the fans, but yet all fans are running. thank you for your help.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-01-2013, 11:54 AM

The alternate blinking LEDs mean the projector thinks it is overheated. This started after ballast/lamp/fan replacement and continued after temp sensor replacement. You might want to go back to the original fans and temp sensor and go from there. If the fans have 3 conductor cables, one of them sends a sense voltage back to the microprocessor. If the new fan sends a different voltage back, the fan may run, but the projector still thinks it is overheating. Anything that interferes with the temp sense or fan sense signals getting to the board will be a problem; bad connection at the connector, board connector solder connection popped loose from the board or even failure of the sense circuit on the board. These units can usually be run when disassembled if the sensors are in place.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page