Optoma HD25-LV or HD33 - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 43 Old 05-13-2013, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Don't forget even if you get a flush mount, that adds 2" minimum if you are lucky, plus the distance is the center of the lens to the base, which generally adds another 3" to 4".

I would assume you need 14" of clearance above the screen's viewable area (not the frame) of the screen), and even then that is a tight fit. So I'm not sure it would work ceiling mounting it, check your distance of viewable top screen to ceiling.

Quick and Easy Shelf Mount Method for both one projector or dual stacks

Web Calculator v023 & v025
- Quick Peak at the new upcoming calculator
**Current Projector Calculator** -- http://www.eliteprojectorcalculator.com

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 43 Old 05-13-2013, 09:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderguy View Post

Don't forget even if you get a flush mount, that adds 2" minimum if you are lucky, plus the distance is the center of the lens to the base, which generally adds another 3" to 4".

I would assume you need 14" of clearance above the screen's viewable area (not the frame) of the screen), and even then that is a tight fit. So I'm not sure it would work ceiling mounting it, check your distance of viewable top screen to ceiling.
Yes, I know what u mean, I will try to get a low profile mount to get it as close as possible to the ceiling. Also, my screen has a black band on top that I can adjust to make it lower, I don't want to make it too low because I will be laying down when watching. I will fiddle with the dimension and let you know if it works, if not I will just return the projector and get the Panasonic.

Thanks again for your help

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
post #33 of 43 Old 05-13-2013, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbeenjammin View Post

This is the only thing in the back i see with some holes.I'm not sure what this really is.It's black inside with no lights shining outwardly.
Hi urbeenjammin, where did you get the rf receiver and the cable that it connects to the unit ? As I understand, it does not come with the unit.
I found the receiver and glasses on amazon, but the cable is not included.

Thanks

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
post #34 of 43 Old 05-14-2013, 07:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
This is where I got mine. It includes the cable and although the frame isn't exactly the same as the optoma, I can't tell any difference when viewing. The design though is exactly the same, just one is glossy black and the other more flat. Emitter works perfectly with both.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VIP-3D-RF-Glasses-for-Optoma-HD33-GT750-HD8300-BG-ZF2100GLS-RF-Emitter-Included-/130884707051?pt=US_3D_TV_Glasses_Accessories&hash=item1e795622eb
post #35 of 43 Old 05-14-2013, 08:46 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Visual Apex sells the RF emitter which includes the cable.Radio frequency is the only way to go because you never loose sync and is triple flash compatible giving you a very smooth 3D picture.
post #36 of 43 Old 05-14-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:

Visual Apex sells the RF emitter which includes the cable.Radio frequency is the only way to go because you never loose sync and is triple flash compatible giving you a very smooth 3D picture.
Thank you,

I saw it at visual apex, but I don't think they include the cable. It says: BG-BC100B 3D RF Emitter Only , I will call them tomorrow to find out.
post #37 of 43 Old 05-14-2013, 11:09 AM

It is included. That's who I got it from. The emitter and cable come together. I wondered the same thing before i made the purchase.where is this cable going to come from...? inside the box with the emitter...lol
post #38 of 43 Old 05-14-2013, 11:42 AM

Liked: 13
Hey Urbeen....

How are you liking the LV so far?
Any tips for initial setup besides RTFM?
I have the HD33 now. My LV will get here Thursday.
thanks
td
post #39 of 43 Old 05-14-2013, 12:38 PM

If not mistaken, didn't we discuss some initial thoughts on another thread regarding the LV...to reiterate, I'm very satisfied with it. We should have some official reviews from projector central and projectorreviews soon. It should clarify the opinions about the HD25 that's been all over the map. I would emphasise the need for calibrating this to fully maximize its video quality.
post #40 of 43 Old 05-14-2013, 02:03 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:

If not mistaken, didn't we discuss some initial thoughts on another thread regarding the LV...to reiterate, I'm very satisfied with it. We should have some official reviews from projector central and projectorreviews soon. It should clarify the opinions about the HD25 that's been all over the map. I would emphasise the need for calibrating this to fully maximize its video quality.

I remember that but with the recent "hated it after I bought it, but before I got it, didn't like it, so returned it...." posting elsewhere I thought I'd
check back to see if there was still the love. smile.gif

thanks,
td
post #41 of 43 Old 05-14-2013, 03:04 PM

Thats what i explained above regarding the opinions of others.Believe me,that wasn't me who you are quoting above and i am in the complete opposite as far as my appreciation for this projector smile.gif.If you have the HD33 now,i have a feeling you will come to enjoy this even more.I can't imagine ANY COMPANY releasing newer models that are inferior to previous models...that just doesn't make any sense and not logical at all especially with advanced technology.You only have a couple of days.so give us your impressions as well.It looks like the Firehawk i have is making a difference in the black level since i feel it is very comparable to the 5020UB unless the scene is mostly or all completely dark environment.The reason i say this is because others feel the black level isn't satisfying at all.I feel the opposite about that as well.There is no way i could've lived with the Optoma if the blacks were only so-so.
post #42 of 43 Old 05-15-2013, 08:08 AM

I just ordered mine (HD25) this morning from projector people. Hope to get it sometimes next week. I will post my impressions...

Thanks again for the help guys
post #43 of 43 Old 05-15-2013, 01:13 PM

Quote:

It is included. That's who I got it from. The emitter and cable come together. I wondered the same thing before i made the purchase.where is this cable going to come from...? inside the box with the emitter...lol
I just ordered mine directly from optoma $49+$12 s&h. It is not available on their online store, so you have to call them directly (just in case someone else needs this info)
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma Hd25 Lv 3d Home Theater Projector , Optoma Hd33 1080p 3d Projector
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page