Acer H6500 - vertical white lines :-( - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-29-2013, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My acer has developed vertical white lines on the display. I saw this behavior a few times before, but applying a little pressure behind and to the right of the lens area always made it go away. Now it's persistent. If I apply quite a bit of pressure, say around 10 lbs, it will go away, but the moment I release they come back.

I also noticed something new - applying pressure at the projector mount screw hole points causes additional white lines to appear.

For what it's worth, the lines appear regardless of input, resets, etc. They appear with no input at all. Also, the machine has been in its ceiling mount for basically its entire life. It couldn't have developed this issue from being handled roughly or heavy portable use.

Some net research seems to conclude this is a failing chip or connection issue.

It's still under warranty (purchased Nov. 2012) so I'll let everyone know how the warranty experience with acer goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-20-2013, 01:06 AM - Thread Starter

I ended up using support chat on Acer's site. They didn't hassle me, fortunately. I got my RMA number and shipped it to their location in TX. Total turnaround with shipping was around 10 days and everything looks good.

I brought the projector to a tournament I ran on Saturday (and a backup projector) and it was up for around 9 hours with no problems.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-20-2013, 01:07 AM - Thread Starter

Oh, for what it's worth, the repair receipt did not give info about what was wrong. It just said "repaired according to SOP".
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page