Epson 9500 UB shading? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-30-2013, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Good morning!

I bought a used Epson 9500UB with about 850 lamp hours after testing the Benq W1070, Epson HC 3020 and 8350... Though all three are excellent projectors with strengths and weaknesses, I just need deeper blacks wink.gif. The 9500UB arrived today and my first thought was "wow, how the hell is such a deep black possible on my white canvas". But after the first impression I noticed some small pale yellow color "clouds" in the left third of the screen (and also slight yellows on the top right corner). These are only visible on bright projections... in darker or pure black scenes there is nothing to see at all.

There are also kind of stripes in the yellow colored regions... barely visible. Could you give me an advice?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-30-2013, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 39
Might be dust blobs? Turn the focus and see if that helps determine if it's specks of dust. Any warranty? A couple dust related posts. http://www.avsforum.com/t/1280137/the-offical-epson-8350-owners-thread/3240#post_19955717
http://www.avforums.com/forums/projectors/1549172-epson-tw3200-3600-owners-thread-part-3-a-9.html
post #3 of 3 Old 05-04-2013, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Negative! I used the full focus range with absolutely no change in shape or sharpness of the yellow clouds. I also tried to clean the lens surface with a wipe for glasses... no change.
I think I'll try to make some good pictures and will send them to epson. There's still about 18 months of warranty. Maybe I'm lucky.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page