Projector mount with extension from suspended vaulted ceiling - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-02-2013, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I wasn't sure which forum to post this in, but I'm trying to figure out how to do a clean looking and functional mount - as opposed to the kludge that is currently installed - for a projector. It will be from a suspended ceiling that is also vaulted. The acoustical tiles have been replaced with drywall tiles, if that makes any difference. I'll be mounting a Viewsonic Pro8500 from a 20 ft point in the ceiling. I'll need to drop the projector about 4-5 feet below that point. I hope someone can help me out with this. Google has let me down so far!

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-03-2013, 06:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Some have used telescoping pipe or scissor type lifts. If you can't mount it on the back wall, and if your handy you might can put something like that together. Links for inspiration. http://www.avforums.com/forums/home-cinema-building-diy/1065844-diy-projector-lift.html http://www.avsforum.com/t/729663/seek-clever-inexpensive-in-ceiling-pull-down-diy-projector-mount
post #3 of 3 Old 05-04-2013, 06:40 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 216
I regularly install drops using Chief RPA "PJ dedicated" mounts with 1.5" Schedule 40 PVC Pipe & Male Couplings that allows all cabling / power to run inside, and the Pipe enters into the ceiling almost seamlessly. Granted, most such ceiling installations are Flat ones.....but there are simple ways to allow for such angled approaches.

A very nice thing about PVC is that it can easily be cut to the exact length you need, and it's very smooth and paint-able.

If you can provide me a Line drawing of the interior of the drop ceiling (Truss / Wire grids) I can sketch you up a support frame that will let you hang the Pipe from within the ceiling, and the pipe will exit via a 1.5" oval hole in the Drywall Tile.

You want smooth and clean....it doesn't get any cleaner than that.

Google ain't got nuthin' on good DIY technique.

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page