Benq W1070 or Optoma HD25? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 41 Old 05-15-2013, 02:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Not to stir up the pot but....
If you plan on 3D the BenQ limits you to DLP Link glasses.
The HD25 has DLP LInk and a port for IR or RF glasses.
td
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 Old 05-15-2013, 07:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
2D a slight edge to Benq.
3D a clear edge to Optoma for a number of reasons...
post #33 of 41 Old 05-20-2013, 02:59 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbeenjammin View Post

The HD25 & HD25-LV are essentially the same projector with extra lumens on the LV.The mounting options are exactly the same. neither have lens shift and the distance calculator is equal as well. No difference. If 3D is your main concern, then the extra lumens is a must. You can always use the eco mode and picture settings to lower brightness. Don't forget, when the bulb ages, you loose brightness once again.

Everywhere I read about this and having talked to Optoma tech I cant find anything that states that the 3 d between the LV model and the non LV if one is brighter than the other.
Conclusions I am drawing is that 3d brightness is the same for both projectors. Only 2d viewing has the xtra brightness for the lv model.
post #34 of 41 Old 05-27-2013, 02:59 PM

Having bad experience with BenQW1070 and end up returning it to Amazon after non responsive customer service for BenQ. I am now considering 25LV. Would anyone suggest pros or first hand experience with 25LV. Thanks:)
post #35 of 41 Old 05-28-2013, 07:58 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I've had the 25-LV installed for a week now and love it compared to my Optoma HD33 (1800 lumens). I've watched 16x9, 2.35:1 and 3D content. All images are incredible even with my white carpet and ceiling.
td
post #36 of 41 Old 05-28-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desibanda View Post

Having bad experience with BenQW1070 and end up returning it to Amazon after non responsive customer service for BenQ. I am now considering 25LV. Would anyone suggest pros or first hand experience with 25LV. Thanks:)

DesiBanda Tu Banda Banja mundiya.

Amazingly 3D image is the same for both projectors. Take the 3D out of the equation when deciding.

Depends on your room. LV stands for large venue if your room has lots of light than the LV would be the option.
Basically one is brighter than the other. I returned the LV model cause there is no point in spending the Extra $400
if your room isn't large or if there is not a light coming in.

Buy it from a dealer that will return 100 % of your money back like I did incase you don't like it.
post #37 of 41 Old 07-26-2013, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagovlira View Post

Hey guys,

I'm about to go crazy with so many options, reviews and threads...it's a good thing we can do some research on the internet about things we plan on buying but it can makes us really confuse. hehehe
Ok, so my "confusion" is that I plan on buying my first projector and i don't want to go bankrupt after I buy it. I will be using it mainly for movies, 3D movies, concerts in blue ray and video-games. It will be a dedicated room with controlled ambient lighting. Which one you guys would go for ? BenQ W1070 or the HD25-LV ?!
I want to mount on my ceiling which is 9' high and the projector will be 9' away from the wall. Which screen do you guys recommend ?

thanks!
post #38 of 41 Old 07-26-2013, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
anyone compare the black levels of the HD25 and HD25-LV side by side?
Also the HD25e seems to be a good middle ground between the two. 2800 Lumens and about the same price as the HD25.
post #39 of 41 Old 08-12-2013, 08:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
One thing I have seemed to notice from a few screenshots online is that the Optoma HD25 seems to have more of a bluish tint to its images when compared to the Benq W1070. What is the more accurate picture? Is this just the way the different projectors were calibrated? In some other screenshots, it almost appeared like the colors were just a bit too saturated in the HD25, but these were from sites that either didn't calibrate or eyeballed it. Do these pictures online bear any resemblance to what the projector looks like in person? I ordered the Optoma HD131xe and I am getting a bit nervous as to whether I made the right choice. I'm coming from an Epson Home Cinema 700, so I imagine that I will be blown away by anything recent.
post #40 of 41 Old 11-27-2013, 02:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
I am in the market for a new projector, and am planning to (hopefully) get one this Friday. Specifically I am torn between the BenQ W1070 and the Optoma HD131Xe (which I have read is extremely similar to the HD25), but am having trouble picking one.

My screen is mounted on brackets that stick 12" away from the front wall. This allows the screen to drop down in front of my TV. The length of the room is 12.5', and my current projector (an old Sony) is rear wall mounted. The distance from the front of the lens to the screen itself is about 10.5', give or take a few inches. However, I was considering taking the TV out and going with a fixed screen mounted to the front wall. This means the projector lens would be about 11.5' from the screen...but I am nto sure if I will be going this route or not. My seating is against the back wall/directly under the projector, so current viewing distance from eyes to scree is about 10.5'.

I have not yet decided on screen size, but was thinking of something around 92" if I keep the TV and electric screen that sticks 1 ft. out from the wall, or around 100"-110" if I go with a fixed screen on the front wall. I have played around with the projector calculators but am still uncertain of which projector is better for me. Specifically, I am not sure what the yellow/green/red colors mean on the bars.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated...and sorry for being such a "noob" with this stuff!

post #41 of 41 Old 11-27-2013, 06:13 AM

Do you know of any black friday sales for the optoma hd25, hd25-lv or the hd131Xe? I'd like to get one too if there is a good sale on the hd131.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma Hd25 Hd 3d Home Theater Projector , Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector
Gear in this thread