Epson 6010 Flashing Blue light - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 05-10-2013, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After one year of no problems with my 6010, unit wont start. Power light is blue and the light below it ( ceiling mount) flashes blue. I pulled the a/c power a couple of times in hopes it would reset but no response. Fan is running and the lens cover does not open. Any ideas other than getting a replacement from Epson?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-27-2013, 03:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Having the exact same problem, got mine last July. Any help from anyone? I tried powering it up via the projector power button, changed hdmi cables, switched power outlets etc. etc., all to no avail. Ideas? Thanks!
post #3 of 9 Old 05-28-2013, 02:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 39
You may have to call support, one suggestion offered to the OP here, http://www.avsforum.com/t/1377321/official-epson-powerlite-home-cinema-5010-6010-thread/3030#post_23300702
You mentioned "switched power outlets", I'd also try a direct connection to the wall socket if your using a surge suppressor or ups, if that is the case?
post #4 of 9 Old 08-04-2013, 04:36 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm getting the same problem on the THW-9000H (The 6010 I think?) in Australia. It has done it once or twice before, but it won't start now.

DON'T feed the troll.
post #5 of 9 Old 08-04-2013, 05:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 177
It sounds like your projectors are hanging up during the boot-up process. Calling Epson customer service and getting a replacement is probably the only course of action at this point.

Ron Jones
Blog + Reviews + Articles: projectorreviews.com
post #6 of 9 Old 08-05-2013, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

This is my third projector, each one starts off fine, but eventually starts doing this.
The latest one is on 1.08 firmware and yesterday I left it with the flashing light for the entire day and it didn't start up. I turned it off after about 8 hours.
Tried it again multiple times with the same result.
This morning I turned the main power switch on and let it sit for ten minutes before pressing the soft 'on' switch. It worked okay today.
My warranty is nearly up and I am worried I am going to be stuck with a lemon.

DON'T feed the troll.
post #7 of 9 Old 08-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I've had the 5010 for a year and a half and I haven't gotten that problem, but I'm a little worried.

Would it be a good idea to conduct a poll among users of these units to see the percentage of people with this particular issue? eek.gif

Could a bad bulb trigger a problem like this?

Do not steal, The powers that be do not like the competition.
post #8 of 9 Old 12-10-2013, 09:10 AM

I am having the same problem with my Pro Cinema 6010. It is under warranty and Epson says they will replace it with a refurbished unit. Refurbished units always concern me, feel like I'm getting someone else's problem. Do I need to be concerened about the quality and appearance of a refurbished unit from Epson? I would hate to have my pristine unit replaced with a marred and scratched device. I am very fussy about the appearance of my equipment.
post #9 of 9 Old 12-10-2013, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by hslansky View Post

I am having the same problem with my Pro Cinema 6010. It is under warranty and Epson says they will replace it with a refurbished unit. Refurbished units always concern me, feel like I'm getting someone else's problem. Do I need to be concerened about the quality and appearance of a refurbished unit from Epson? I would hate to have my pristine unit replaced with a marred and scratched device. I am very fussy about the appearance of my equipment.

I would stress to Epson that you want a refurbished unit that is not scratched and dinged up. Honestly, some refurbished units are pretty much brand new (as is it never even left the factory and had to be classified as "refurbished" until it went through additional testing). And some units are going to be returns that could have wear and tear on them between the users and techs working on them.

Epson customer service is quite good, it could not hurt to request a new looking projector.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Powerlite Pro Cinema 6010 Projector

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page