Optoma HD25 and HD25-LV owners - Page 5 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #121 of 121 Unread Today, 12:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by falafala View Post
Folks I upgraded to HD25-LV from 3 year old 3010. And am just loving the brightness, pop, sharpness and ZERO-crosstalk 3D on my 150". I know people say it sucks in calibrated lumens, but I did not find anything wrong with the colors OOB and now realize I cant live without the brightness (especially in 3D). May be ignorance is bliss

When I display the "grid test pattern", i see that the grid is not perfectly focused even though I got the menu text to focus. I tried two units and its the same issue. Is this normal?

Should I use any test grid from external content? If so what would you recommend?

However even with this focus issue, HD25-LV is much better than 3010's soft focus and I certainly notice a marked upgrade in sharpness and pop compared to LCD. But I am worried if I am missing out on eve better performance due to this less than ideal focus issue on my HD25-LV.

Also any calibration setting I could try for 2D?
I have the HD25 for 10 months now. Can't get the whole test grid perfectly sharp in the corners as well as the center, but this does not affect enjoyment of movies as it is not noticeable.

I highly recommend Spears & Munsil HD Benchmark disc to fine tune the sharpness setting to your liking. I also find I can set brightness and contrast optimally using its Pluge 0% pattern. You can play around with brightness in a 2-notch range (eg. -5 and -4 for mine) and set the contrast for each brightness setting so that the background checkerboard pattern is just visible. I ended up with 2 sets of numbers I can use depending on each movie's picture quality: (a) Brightness -4 Contrast -18 to -16 (b) Brightness -5 Contrast -9.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma Hd25 Lv 3d Home Theater Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page