replaced lamp on 8350 but no HDMI signal - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-21-2013, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We just replaced the lamp in our 8350 epson pj and cannot get the HDMI signal. We can see the epson logo and menu display. Nothing else has changed with the connections to our home theater since the lamp went out. Any suggestions out there? Both power light and source light are on. Acc. to the manual, that means projection should work -- but we get the "no HDMI signal" prompt at the bottom left of the screen. Thanks in advance for any ideas anyone may have. We read this forum so much when figuring out what to buy.... but never joined until today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-21-2013, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Try using your DVD or Blu-ray player with a 6 foot length of HDMI cable directly into the Epson 8350. First make sure your current connections are secure. If you get a full 1080p picture then something is up with your longer cable. Yes, they can get temperamental for no apparent reason.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

post #3 of 5 Old 05-21-2013, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, that's a GREAT idea. Will try that and post results.
post #4 of 5 Old 05-21-2013, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

WOW -- magic!!! That seems to have woken something up in the projector. We plugged in the DVD directly to the HDMI 1 input and got a full display (yippee). We then reconnected the regular HDMI cable which believe me we had tried many times to see if the connection was loose before doing this. But had gotten no results. Now, after the "jolt" from the DVD player, everything works. THANK YOU SO MUCH. This saved us a lot of trouble (and possibly a marriage). That's magic. Thank you. I guess this was a kind of electro shock therapy. Mr. G. you are a real genius. ( Sorry to lack originality there)
post #5 of 5 Old 05-22-2013, 07:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicoffee View Post

WOW -- magic!!! That seems to have woken something up in the projector. We plugged in the DVD directly to the HDMI 1 input and got a full display (yippee). We then reconnected the regular HDMI cable which believe me we had tried many times to see if the connection was loose before doing this. But had gotten no results. Now, after the "jolt" from the DVD player, everything works. THANK YOU SO MUCH. This saved us a lot of trouble (and possibly a marriage). That's magic. Thank you. I guess this was a kind of electro shock therapy. Mr. G. you are a real genius. ( Sorry to lack originality there)

I'm glad the problem solved itself. Real Genius is a tip-of-the-hat to the 1985 movie (as are the bunny slippers) - not my IQ. wink.gif

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page