optoma ml300 Service - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-22-2013, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I am writing from Ecuador...(so sorry for my english).... I am having a very bad experience with this projector, I bought this projector in USA and bring to my country by courier I paid $307 + the shipping to my country thas was $40.... The projector have a problem, only work for 6 minutes before it shut off... It was dissapointing, I was looking close and can see that the little fan that is together to the lamp stop work in about 6 minutes, then 5 seconds later the projector show a graphics of a fan in the screen , and then wait for 5 seconds more and shut off.... The case is weird because if I turn on inmediatly the projector start again without problems and all the fans work without problems and the in 6 minutes the little fan stop again and the projector show the message again and shut off again.... I restart the projector up 7 times in a row and always the same....restart inmediatly without problems.... so the problem is the fan or the fan controller...because if it is temperature I will have to wait a few minutes to cool down.รง
Then I had the idea of make work the projector just together to air conditioner of my room (I put the projector with the litte fan at 20 cm of the air conditioner out)... and the projector work for about 24 minutes! and then repeat all the cycle....so then the problem maybe is the fan ...maybe the controller try to raise the rpm in the fan when the temperature reach some point and then have the sensor of the fan detect that this dont raise the rpm and shut of....
I don't know so I tried to explain all this to the technician of OPTOMA USA but the great answer that i have is : "please send the projector to our offices"... I ask for a little more help because if the problem is the fan is more easy and cheap for me bring the fan to my country...because send the projector back to usa will cost me $60 and then bring the projector back will cost another $40 ....so is $100 more ... I beg for the technician give me a way to enter to the SERVICE MENU so maybe I can Fix the problem this way with the FAN SETTINGS ....or if not with the service menu I can determinate if the problem is the FAN, and only have to order a NEW FAN....
but the great technician only repeat "PLEASE SEND THE PROJECTOR TO OUR OFFICES".... "I CAN'T HELP BY PHONE"..."SEND THE PROJECTOR TO OUR OFFICES".... Of course, is not your money that will be lost in shippings ....
So my conclusion is Don't BUY this piece of Sh.... Or better don't buy OPTOMA....the service is She...
I comunicate with the seller, and he told me that send the projector back and he give me a full refund.... this way I "only" lost the $40 of initial shipping to my country and the $60 to resent the item to USA.... so I lost $100 and I have nothing in my hands....

Conclusion... optoma sucks....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-28-2013, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
a mi me paso algo similar a lo relatado, solo que el ventilador chico se apagaba aveces a los pocos minutos y otras veces parecia funcionar durante horas
, la temperatura de la habitacion estaba alrededor de 20 grados, asi que el problema era de software o hardware, aunque en internet no encontre otras personas con este problema
no quise actualizar el firmware por la perdida de la garantia, la cual estoy pensando en reclamar...
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page