Acer K750 vs Optoma ML500 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-23-2013, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have read some of the reviews of the Acer K750, and it sounds like it wasn't very good for it's original price range; however NewEgg has the projector for only a grand right now.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009474&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-Home+Theater+Projectors-_-N82E16824009474&gclid=CJ6a8rHFrbcCFUmi4AodwToABw

I am currently thinking for switching off of my Optoma ML500 because of the signal interruption issue this projector seems to have with HDMI input. I am also looking at the LG PB63U.

My main question is would the Acer K750 be a step down in quality from the ML500? In other words, is the higher resolution and lumen output the only real things it has going for it?

As a follow up in case I decide not to go with the Acer K750, does anybody know how the LG PB63U compares to the Optoma ML500?

Thanks!

P.S. I mainly use the projector for watching movies/tv and sometimes playing games.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-24-2013, 02:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 39
Your signal issue might have more to do with your cable than with the pj? Cheaper cabling and long distances can cause signal drops. For that kinda of money, I think the Benq 1070 has garnered alot of praise and might be a better choice if it works for your setup. Might be worth a look.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-24-2013, 04:11 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
My main question is would the Acer K750 be a step down in quality from the ML500? In other words, is the higher resolution and lumen output the only real things it has going for it?

You have to be sure this projector is better than optoma the test are based related to others in similar range of price and in this the k750 is very expensive for the quality ,

I don't test the acer but if you like the thing that leds color put in the world of the projection sure you enjoy it .

I have the pa70g and i love the picture but i have other projector with lamp 1080 and the picture is way better the big difference is the sharpness
i love one projector with the sharpness and the colors of pa70g even are a little bit over saturated and out of place sometimes
Saludos
post #4 of 4 Old 05-24-2013, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnabq View Post

Your signal issue might have more to do with your cable than with the pj? Cheaper cabling and long distances can cause signal drops. For that kinda of money, I think the Benq 1070 has garnered alot of praise and might be a better choice if it works for your setup. Might be worth a look.

I don't think it is the cable. I have used multiple cables with the problem, and when I use those same cables on my computer monitor I have no issue. The only reason I don't like the Benq is because I really want to go with an LED Bulb. After having my current projector for just under a year, I have used 1000 hours (This is my primary TV/Movie display). I would really prefer something where I don't have to replace the bulb 2 years after I get the projector. If it weren't for the signal issue of this projector I would be keeping this one for several more years.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma Ml500 Led Projector
Gear in this thread - Ml500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page