Need advice on replacement projector - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-29-2013, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My boss has tasked me with figuring out what projectors to purchase to replace a few Mitsubishi WD2000s. Seeing as I am more of a camera person, I'm looking for a few suggestions to point me in the right direction. I would like to find something with similar specs to the ones that we are replacing.

The projectors are used in classrooms, so something that could preform with lights on would be ideal. They are used mostly for slideshow presentations with minimal video. Our current input is BNC, so I would like to have that as an option on the new projectors so I don't have to re-wire anything. We also network them with a AMX NXP-PLV. Oh, and I need to mount it to the ceiling.

I've been scouring the specs of the projectors on B&H and reading reviews for two days now, but I'm not sure what to go with. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-29-2013, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyheyjaye View Post

My boss has tasked me with figuring out what projectors to purchase to replace a few Mitsubishi WD2000s. Seeing as I am more of a camera person, I'm looking for a few suggestions to point me in the right direction. I would like to find something with similar specs to the ones that we are replacing.

The projectors are used in classrooms, so something that could preform with lights on would be ideal. They are used mostly for slideshow presentations with minimal video. Our current input is BNC, so I would like to have that as an option on the new projectors so I don't have to re-wire anything. We also network them with a AMX NXP-PLV. Oh, and I need to mount it to the ceiling.

I've been scouring the specs of the projectors on B&H and reading reviews for two days now, but I'm not sure what to go with. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Another resource is Projector Central. Take a look at their reviews for classroom projectors, the highly rated and Editor's Choice. If you are comfortable with the Mitsubishi brand read through the review for the Mitsubishi WD390U-EST Projector. You can also download the owner's manual for setup information.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/popular_classroom_projectors.htm

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page