I'd love to get some advice from any of you guys. This will be my first projector, And my budget is very tight (600 - 800 max), so after a lot of reading, I narrowed down to these projectors:Acer H6510BD
- Seems to be a great value - great picture quality
- Very good 3D (3D versatility and performance is important)
- Price (it's the most expensive, although seems to be worth it
- Not available anywhere (hard to find need to wait to get a good price)
- Best Price for the quality (as far as the few reviews I found)
- 3D seems to be the same as the H6510BD, so that's pretty good
- Readily available but online only (can get it in a couple of days)
- Not available in any local store, so would be difficult to exchange if not satisfied
- No Audio out (convenient for portability)
- No Full HD
- I can go to Micro Center and buy it right now
- Has good 3D and seems to accept any kind of source (even does conversion as well)
- 3 Years Warranty
- I have a feeling that Acer would have a better picture than Vivitek
- No Full HD
- More expensive than the H5370 for almost the same specs
The last option would be Benq W1070 - I think this has everything I need and more, and it's the best quality under 1000. Problem is, it's out of my budget. Unless you guys think the extra is REALLY worth it. Or should I try maybe the Vivitek, and see if the H6150 is available online again. What do you guys think?
Basically I can see three places where I could use this projector:
In a TV room I have at home, it's a pretty large room (23'X 25'), can be completely dark. I would use a 96" screen.
In the backyard, for outdoor movie nights in the summer. Would use a 150" screen.
In the living room, for massive movie nights, when it's cold outside, would use also the 150' screen inside the house.
So, this projector will not be used as a replacement to the TV's, but mostly for movie screenings (that's why good 3D is important)
Thank you very much