Throw Distance - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-01-2013, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all,

Long time member, haven't been on for a few years.

My question - can I get a projector in this category that will fill an 84" screen (not over-fill it) from a throw distance of 14'. KInd of stuck with those numbers. Any help, as generously provided in the past, is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-01-2013, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 39
Epson 5010, the refurb isn't missing to much from the newer model, however they did upgrade the 3d with a dynamic iris on the new model. $1700 http://www.visualapex.com/Epson/Projector-Specifications.asp?For-The=Home-Cinema-5010-R
Benq 7000 is worth a mention as well, similar price, but you might have to get a lower gain screen. .6 or so. Just 2 outa my hat you might consider.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-01-2013, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 265
These will do what you want...
http://www.projectorcentral.com/projectors.cfm?g=1&hide=0&st=1&mfg=&p=500&p=3000&w=&r=13&br=&ll=&ltg=&t=&db=&dt=&c=&ar=&dvi=&wr=&pjl=&pjw=&pjh=&td=14&i=d&is=84&sort=pop&sz=15

Depending on the feature set you are after, the Epson 5020 is a really solid model. I think the JVC RS46 can do this as well even though the projector 'search by feature' function doesn't include it for some reason. If you can swing it, and the room supports it, the RS46 is phenomenal.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
post #4 of 5 Old 07-10-2013, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Gentlemen (and ladies),
Got a 5020 and have it up and running...very impressive. Just starting to tweak, but my picture is pulling up and in in the lower left.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jim S.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-10-2013, 07:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianojim View Post

Gentlemen (and ladies),
Got a 5020 and have it up and running...very impressive. Just starting to tweak, .
Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jim S.

Not real clear exactly what image geometry issue you are having when you say "but my picture is pulling up and in in the lower left", but just about all geometry problems are caused by either not having the projector correctly positioned or the screen is not level (either horizontal, vertical or both). Lets assume the problem is with the projector setup. You didn't say if you are using a ceiling mount or if the projector is sitting on a shelf. The projector must be level (use a bubble level to check this) left-to-right and front-to-back. Also the front of the projector must be parallel to the screen. First make certain the projector is level. Next if the projector is mounted directly back from the center of the screen, move the horizontal lens shift control to its center position (you should be able to feel a small detent (or click) when the horiz. lens shift wheel reaches it center position) then rotate the projector on its mount, while keeping it level, to center the image on the screen left-to-right. then use the zoom, vertical lens shift and horiz. lens shift adjustments to center the image, both vertical and horiz. and to fill the screen. This can be considered the coarse setup, but if the image geometry is still not near perfect then you may need to make some small (i.e., fine) adjustments to the projector's mounting and then perhaps small adjustments to the vertical and/or horiz. lens shift to make certain the image is level and the image geometry is correct.

Ron Jones
Blog + Reviews + Articles: projectorreviews.com
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5010 Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Benq W7000 Home Projection System , Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Jvc Dla Rs46 Projector
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page