This is an amazing projector in its class. I bought it on Amazon when it was on sale a few weeks. ago. I paid less than the price of a LG PB63U. It is great value for money in the US considering that the comparable LG PG60G in Europe costs at least 60% - 70% more. I wanted a small LED projector I could use anywhere without any bulb worries.
It is very small and the included battery lasted a bit longer than 2 hours for mixed use (USB playback & Miracast), when I tested it.The power adapter is rated 100V -240V and works fine in Europe. It is really cool to turn any surface into a screen instantly whether you have power nearby or not. I think this is a newer model than the LG PA75U. It looks as though they developed this model along with the LG PF85U and the LG PA77U.
- Contrast is the best I have seen in this class (Claimed 100,000:1 - Full On & Full Off). Blacks are really good and much better than blacks on my old Hitachi TX 200.
- Brightness even with battery is very good for my needs ( including moderately lit rooms with projection on a wall facing the window with curtains). I mostly use the eco mode as it is sufficient up to 60"- 80" depending on lighting conditions. I project directly on walls and ceilings (up to 100") painted with Dulux pure brilliant white.I actually keep some lighting on for screen sizes less than 50" in the night as I sometimes find it a bit too bright for my liking even in eco mode unless I significantly reduce brightness and contrast.
- Miracast mostly works fine except in fast moving games. There is some input lag and stuttering in games. . I found it to be better than my experience with the Netgear Miracast adapter. I have tested it with Note 3 and Nexus 7 2013. It is usable for what I need and it is good to have it built-in. Both YouTube and BBC iPlayer work fine over Miracast. I am able to achieve 1920x1080 with iPlayer. I am planning to get a WiDi card for my laptop now.
- Images are quite sharp and I don't have any focus issues. I have even focus on all four sides. Auto keystone works fine.
- Fan noise is not noticeable while watching videos or if you are 5-6 feet away from the projector.
- I am sensitive to RBE on bulb projectors and that is why I never bought a DLP projector before. I have not
noticed any RBE while playing videos or browsing the web.
- It can play most formats and the Office viewer works well.
- Very easy to project on to ceilings with the included adapter.
- Build quality is very good and it does not seem to get too hot.The size and shape are perfect my needs.
I think the following video on YouTube sums up all the use cases for this projector. It has made me fall in love with projectors all over again.