OPTOMA HD25 vs BENQ W1070 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 06-06-2013, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Let the games begin...
http://www.projectorcentral.com/optoma_hd25_home_theater_projector_review.htm?page=Shootout-vs-BenQ-W1070
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-06-2013, 07:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Thanks for the link as one of these two are what I am considering. I did not realize that the Benq now has 3 yrs warranty makes it a winner for me beside a little Len shift which helps positioning.
post #3 of 8 Old 06-07-2013, 08:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 149
VisualApex.com still shows the w1070 as 1-year warranty, what makes you think it has a 3-yr warranty?

Quick and Easy Shelf Mount Method for both one projector or dual stacks

Web Calculator v023 & v025
- Quick Peak at the new upcoming calculator
**Current Projector Calculator** -- http://www.eliteprojectorcalculator.com

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

post #4 of 8 Old 06-07-2013, 08:40 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderguy View Post

VisualApex.com still shows the w1070 as 1-year warranty, what makes you think it has a 3-yr warranty?

In the 'shootout' page linked a couple of posts above.

"Warranty. The HD25 has a one-year limited warranty covering parts and labor. While the W1070 used to have a one-year warranty, BenQ has recently changed their warranty terms to cover three full years"

The BENQ site still has it as 1 year, though.

http://www.benq.us/product/projector/W1070/warranties/
post #5 of 8 Old 06-07-2013, 10:14 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 26
NOTE: please see bottom of post

Our source at BenQ confirmed for us that all BenQ projectors now come with a three-year warranty. I double-checked with them before this article to confirm that the W1070 is included, and it is. I do not know if this covers new purchases only or if the offer extends to all current owners, but I have asked and I'll post when I get the answer.

Also, regarding the HD25-LV: a lot of folks were hoping we would write a comparison between the HD25-LV and the HD25. We were not able to do that because our HD25-LV has not yet arrived, and I don't want to write a comparison to a projector I have never seen before. Instead we will write a separate review for the HD25-LV, and that article will include the HD25 comparison.

EDIT: Our person at BenQ was mistaken. BenQ's home theater projectors still have a one-year warranty. We will edit our comparison section to reflect this and I apologize for the error.

Whoops!
post #6 of 8 Old 06-07-2013, 03:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 149
I was about to say "my source" is saying the exact opposite of your source smile.gif

Though my source didn't work at Benq, but they were from an online projector dealer, and according to them there is no such change and given they are one of the top Benq dealers in the US, and according to them they'd be one of the first to know.

Quick and Easy Shelf Mount Method for both one projector or dual stacks

Web Calculator v023 & v025
- Quick Peak at the new upcoming calculator
**Current Projector Calculator** -- http://www.eliteprojectorcalculator.com

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

post #7 of 8 Old 06-08-2013, 12:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJC Bill View Post

NOTE: please see bottom of post

Our source at BenQ confirmed for us that all BenQ projectors now come with a three-year warranty. I double-checked with them before this article to confirm that the W1070 is included, and it is. I do not know if this covers new purchases only or if the offer extends to all current owners, but I have asked and I'll post when I get the answer.

Also, regarding the HD25-LV: a lot of folks were hoping we would write a comparison between the HD25-LV and the HD25. We were not able to do that because our HD25-LV has not yet arrived, and I don't want to write a comparison to a projector I have never seen before. Instead we will write a separate review for the HD25-LV, and that article will include the HD25 comparison.

EDIT: Our person at BenQ was mistaken. BenQ's home theater projectors still have a one-year warranty. We will edit our comparison section to reflect this and I apologize for the error.

Whoops!

Love the reviews and comparisons, keep up the good work over there. What exactly is the big draw back to DLP Link glasses that you would give the nod to the HD25 on the back of RF support? Also of the two, which one did you find had the deeper black level (however minor the differences may be)? I'm assuming you took some full field black readings, do you recall the actual numbers? I'm curious where these actually stack up against the flat panels of today and years past.
post #8 of 8 Old 06-08-2013, 06:12 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 44

Original Message
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2013 10:04 AM
To: prodinfo.US
Subject: 3 year warranty on projectors?

To Buy a Product Query
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Subject: 3 year warranty on projectors?
It's being reported from a representative at 'Projector Central' and posted on the AVS forum, that all projectors (specifically the W1070) now will have a 3 year warranty. Can you verify that?

Thanks,
Patrick Murphy

Hello,

The W1070 has a 1 year warranty.

Thank You,
Andy
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma Hd25 Hd 3d Home Theater Projector , Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page