Originally Posted by Cafe Latte
You are being rude Verge2 , I was not. I know little about home theater which is why I am asking questions you abrupt response is exactly my issue. I am simply asking why these projectors are rubbish and I am not really getting an answer. I am not going to rush out and buy anything but there seems to be a lot of animosity here rather than good info which is not what I was told about this forum. The ones I am looking at are ALL listed as 1280x 800 not 800x600 too. I asked simply why looking at the specs they are no good (with a smile), but I get rudeness it is a polite simple question. As far as I am aware a 120w led bulb form my research CAN give 2800 lumens. Not to say it is good but from what I can understand it is possible, I am happy to be corrected. I give polite advice every day on VE and here I am not getting polite responses here. I dont just want to hear these chinese projectors are great, I just want to know why they are not. Has anyone had one for example? what is wrong with the LCD if anything? if you think the lumen output is not possible (2800 lumens) then why and is it not possible?
Hifi wise I can say anything is rubbish but I dont unless I have touched it with my hands so to speak, I dont like Linns for example but I have never heard a Sota so I cant comment.
I gave a few links so you guys can check out all of them and see the if any are OK. I saw a youtube review of one of the linked projectors looking good with 4 fluro tubes switched on in the room so they cant be so dark. Again not saying they are good but it is a point.
I just wanted simple polite explanatory advice.
I'm not being rude any more than you are. I'm being certainly sarcastic however. If you weren't going to believe people's answers, why ask the question? Its illogical to me.
However, since i am bored waiting on some work, i will humor you.
You posted the following:
1. The projector looks cheap. Very cheap. Look at the lens crudely sprouting out of the body. The AV input section is a joke. The IR on the back SHOWS EXPOSED CIRCUIT BOARD!!!!
2. There aren't 3000 lumen LED projectors. These don't exist. Runco made one with 540 lumens... it was 15,000 dollars. Man those people at runco are dumb, some company from china(who has done nothing but copy technology for the last 10 years, and offered ZERO innovation) has developed a 3000 lumen LED lighting system. How do they and every other projector company stay in business... that's right, this projector uses a bulb. Stay tuned for a different number.
3. The remote looks like it came out of a gumball machine.
4. It comes standard with 2 fuses. Why in god's name would a projector come with extra fuses? Seriously, somebody give me a good explanation for that.
5. 5.8'' TFT LCD Panel. LCD projectors don't use large panels, epson's are .7 inches. So why are they using one almost 10 times as big? Well, experienced people know the trick, know the scam, and have seen this before. They are using the equivalent of a 720p smartphone screen, and shining a flashlight through it. The colors and contrast on this are terrible, it's basically a toy.
6. google white van scam. Notice how similar this looks to the people's failures.
7. This is a bulb projector. I have seen the same plastic thing, and the last time it had a manual. The manual in broken english, even showed how to replace the bulb. I'll give you a hint for step 1. See that latch on the back, it pulls off that hole panel. Cheap overhead projector bulb goes in there.
People on here are trying to keep you from wasting your money. These chinese knockoffs are junk, they are not home theater projectors. Trust us and don't be fooled dude, we are trying to help you.