Any good PQ, reliable home theater projectors for $750 or even less? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 06-10-2013, 12:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I don't know if I should consider 3D or not, as I have heard 3DTV sales are declining, meaning consumer demand for this is not really there.

Second thing is I don't know if 720p is nearly indistinguishable from 1080p, if I'm viewing a 96"-100" picture, from 10 feet away, watching Blu-ray movies from a BD player.

I am "cheap", and so if I can find a projector that was designed around watching films versus ones focused on video games, I will be happy.

I am looking for a brand new projector, so second hand ones are not anything I would be interested in.

My price range is $450 to $750 before sales tax. wink.gif

I appreciate any answers and help in advance, so thanks AVS Forums!! smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-10-2013, 05:59 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestInTheWorld View Post

I don't know if I should consider 3D or not, as I have heard 3DTV sales are declining, meaning consumer demand for this is not really there.

Second thing is I don't know if 720p is nearly indistinguishable from 1080p, if I'm viewing a 96"-100" picture, from 10 feet away, watching Blu-ray movies from a BD player.

I am "cheap", and so if I can find a projector that was designed around watching films versus ones focused on video games, I will be happy.

I am looking for a brand new projector, so second hand ones are not anything I would be interested in.

The viewsonic pro 8200 is the only thing I can think of that fits the bill; I think its just under 700.. its not the best thing out there and from what I gather much better can be had for a little over 1000 but if tyou want cheap thats about as good as it gets wink.gif

EMP E55ti | EMP E56ci | Polk T15's for surround duty | Ultimax 15" Sub | Integra 40.2 | Rotel 976 | Panasonic 60ST60
post #3 of 6 Old 06-10-2013, 08:09 AM

Liked: 11
Acer h6510bd and Viewsonic pjd7820hd are the popular ones now around the 750 range.
But if you want cheap, you may check acer H5370bd at 399usd in newegg.com
post #4 of 6 Old 06-10-2013, 09:34 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:

I'm cheap too. wink.gif

Stay with 1080p and you can't go wrong.

Wait for the Acer H6510BD to go on sale at Newegg again for $630. It will happen. I have the Acer and its 3000 lumen output, crystal clear 2D/3D PQ and whisper quite fan noise combined with a monster size screen make it a welcome addition to my HT.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-11-2013, 01:40 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 12
I will keep an eye for the Acer. I sold my Epson 8350 2 months ago, since I needed the money and didn't watch that many things on it.

My experience with Acer,in terms of computers is bad. My Core i5 laptop is wearing down. The keyboard is messed up for the last 6 months, and it's filled with spyware and trojans. I'm typing this from my Acer, and am planning on getting a new, non Acer laptop soon.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-11-2013, 06:50 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 34
Quote:

I will keep an eye for the Acer. I sold my Epson 8350 2 months ago, since I needed the money and didn't watch that many things on it.

My experience with Acer,in terms of computers is bad. My Core i5 laptop is wearing down. The keyboard is messed up for the last 6 months, and it's filled with spyware and trojans. I'm typing this from my Acer, and am planning on getting a new, non Acer laptop soon.

First off you can't blame spyware etc on the laptop; that is an operating system level problem not hardware and thats not acers fault. While its the nature of the beast that stuff comes from you browsing the web.

As far as teh hardware such as the keyboard I will agree that they are somewhat lackluster; Acers/Asus and other off name laptops can be quite brittle depending. I've seen some good sturdy ones and ive seen some bad ones. Ive seen a cheap 350 dollar Acer laptop be put through hell and back and still work great and ive seen multiple 1200 dollar asus brand gaming laptops crap out 13 months later just outside of warranty.

While I don't blindly give little suggestions im pressed for time and don't have time to write down a ton of steps to go with. Download http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/combofix/ this utility and run it on your machine; if there is any serious malicious software it should take care of it.

EMP E55ti | EMP E56ci | Polk T15's for surround duty | Ultimax 15" Sub | Integra 40.2 | Rotel 976 | Panasonic 60ST60
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Viewsonic Pro8200 1080p Dlp Home Theatre Projector , Acer H6510bd Dlp 3d Projector , Viewsonic Pjd7820hd Full Hd 1080p Projector , Acer H5370bd Dlp 3d Projector , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350
Gear in this thread - Pro8200 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page