Forum Jump: 

Old 06-15-2002, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

My name is Kurt, I am a newbie!

There now that this is out I will give you the details.

I am having my basement finished now and need advice on proper setup for my HT.

I have a room in the basement that has 2 -36 in windows in the corner. The room is 15 ft wide by 30 ft deep. I will plan on seating being max of 16 ft from wall. Ceiling ht will be 7 ft 6 in.

The screen area will be boxed in with square pillars giving an opening of 6 ft wide by 7 ft tall. {See pic} The screen will be set in to the left of the windows. The soffit will cover the pipe with sq columns on each side. The windows will need a dark window treatmnet of some kind.

What size screen should be used with this size room, seating and screen opening??

I will use the setup with digital cable that has hdtv available stations, and for DVD movies. If I didnt get a completely dark room...ie for news at 10...what type screen do I need and which projector is less affected by the light?

As for cable routing...any good ideas on how to run a long way for remote operation?

Other feedback is appreciated!!

Thanks!!

Kurt
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2002, 01:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Kurt.. I would recommend you visit the "THEATER CONSTRUCTION" , "SCREENS" and "DIGITAL PROJECTORS" -both the under and over the $5,000 and research all the postings there for the past 3 months at least under all 4 sections. You will find a lot of very useful information, regarding theater construction, screens. various types of projectors and other HT related issues. You can be sure to find answers (opinions, I should say) to every question you have regarding the construction of your room and the equipment you want to buy. I would recommend you visit as many HT sores to audition equipment and to view their set-ups...but...TAKE YOUR TIME... and have fun doing it... Ron AZ