Anyone have opinions on the Benq W1070 vs the Benq W7000 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-18-2013, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First time projector shopping, moved into a new home and trying to setup a projector for night time film viewing primarily (I wouldn't be playing games or watching TV on it at all) Room will be blacked out.

Also interested because I do video production and finished my first in home studio, and would be nice to take it from the edit room to the projector room if a client is over and we want to watch a proof on a big screen in surround. I can calibrate myself, out of box performance doesn't matter. Nor is any kind of frame interpolation needed or will be used. 2D viewing is the focus here.

I have been weighing these two projectors from Benq. The W1070 is such a cheap projector and seems to get very good reviews for what it is.

The main difference between the two is that the black levels on the W7000 seem to be touted as much better, but is it justifying the price difference in real world performance? ($1495 vs $929) If anyone has experience with both that'd be fantastic, or any others in the same price bracket. In my limited experience with projectors, one thing that bugs me is milky black levels, but I do like the picture of a DLP so I'd like to get the best performance I can find in the price range I'm looking at.

Opinions appreciated! smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-18-2013, 11:10 AM

Liked: 14
If your space permits the throw, get the W7000.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-18-2013, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 260
The W7000 is a significantly better projector than the W1070. A great deal of that comes with the black level performance. It basically is a different 'class' of projector and worth the upgrade.

Really if you are in a home and want best 2D, then the JVC RS46 is the only one I would be looking at, but at twice the price, it is out of budget for what you have requested.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
post #4 of 5 Old 06-19-2013, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
getting the impression that it is absolutely worth the extra $566 for the W7000 smile.gif
And yes I have the room for the throw of it, so looks like I'll be making the order shortly! Thanks.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-19-2013, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W1070 3d Ready Dlp Projector 1080p Hdtv , Benq W7000 Home Projection System
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page