Will I regret a $1000 projector? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 36 Old 07-07-2013, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I went with the Sony 50es, it gets installed on Monday. Bottom line it does everything I need the best. I probably could've gotten away with the BenQ, but would have cut a few corners, with the Sony I have something I'll likely not replace for a very long time. With the pair of glasses and extra bulb it also brings the price closer.

If I wasn't interested in FPS gaming, other projectors would have been in the mix. The Sony is the best choice across the board.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 07-07-2013, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Atta boy, don't cheap out.
post #33 of 36 Old 07-07-2013, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuck View Post

I went with the Sony 50es, it gets installed on Monday. Bottom line it does everything I need the best. I probably could've gotten away with the BenQ, but would have cut a few corners, with the Sony I have something I'll likely not replace for a very long time. With the pair of glasses and extra bulb it also brings the price closer.

If I wasn't interested in FPS gaming, other projectors would have been in the mix. The Sony is the best choice across the board.
I'm sure the Sony does everything you need...."THE BEST," but considering the hefty price tag that comes with it...or you really surprised??

You never tested any of the projectors priced at under $1,000 at home so you really have no valid comparison points which I thought was the basis for your post.

Amazon has an excellent return policy and I think for those readers still considering if a $3,000+ 3D 1080p projector is worth 3 or 4 times what a $700 3D 1080p is worth...believe me it's worth it to find out for yourself with a "at home" comparison strategy. wink.gif
post #34 of 36 Old 07-07-2013, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

The BenQ 1070, which was under $1000, didn't have enough throw for my setup. For me the choice was made easier because I also wanted to play games, lag times knocked off many I would have considered. The only one that made it through the requirements, under $4000 was the W7000. I do think the W7000 would have done the job, but I wanted to put together a great system across the board and the Sony comes with glasses and an extra lamp.

For me the deal was sweeter with the Sony since the ht shop gave me a great deal on the projector, big discount on a full Paradigm set and $500 off a Dragonfly 110" screen. There was still a price difference but in the end it was much smaller than if you compare MSRP.

But you're right, maybe I should have still had the W7000 sent over since Amazon is so good with that. I think in the end I would have ended up with the Sony, but would've been that extra piece of security that I was making the right choice. I also didn't want either the hassle or the risk (something happens to the projector) of the return.
post #35 of 36 Old 07-07-2013, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, I'll admit having second thoughts on not trying out the w7000; after all I auditioned a bunch if speakers!

Of course I'll forget all that after I hook up the Sony but I'd recommend it to others.
post #36 of 36 Old 07-09-2013, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

Though I still can't find out how to do ECO mode, we just watched OZ on the Sony HW50ES and I literally smiled I was so happy with the picture that Sony put out. Gorgeous!

SOOO happy I chose this projector.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W1070 3d Ready Dlp Projector 1080p Hdtv , Mitsubishi Hc7800d Projector Full Hd 3d Projector , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector , Benq W7000 Home Projection System , Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Sharp Xv Z30000 Dlp , Acer H6510bd Dlp 3d Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page